The Student Room Group

feeling so low, terrible predicated grades

predicted a grade 2-2 in science and a 2 in maths

is there any way I could get a 5 in each at GCSE so I can go on to a levels, or is it too late in your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Predicted grades mean nothing just work hard bud and you can achieve anything you want
if you accept that then your teachers win. prove them wrong hunny
Reply 3
Original post by smithstar01
Predicted grades mean nothing just work hard bud and you can achieve anything you want

thank you so you think i have enough time from here till may?
Reply 4
Original post by cheerIeader
if you accept that then your teachers win. prove them wrong hunny

i really want to do that, they are only interested in the high achievers at my skl, that was made perfectly clear at the sixth form meeting :frown:
It's not too late. I went from getting 3s and 4s in maths and triple science at the end of year 10 to getting 6s 7s and 8s. I just revised every day and got my bf to tutor me for maths. I recommend using Seneca, mymaths, and quizlet. Ask your teacher for practise papers to learn exam technique and how the questions will be structured. Make sure you know your science practicals well.
Hi, don’t let predicted grades get you down. Work really hard and prove your teachers wrong. You can always study at another college or sixth form if you get the grades you want! Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Wheezy___
It's not too late. I went from getting 3s and 4s in maths and triple science at the end of year 10 to getting 6s 7s and 8s. I just revised every day and got my bf to tutor me for maths. I recommend using Seneca, mymaths, and quizlet. Ask your teacher for practise papers to learn exam technique and how the questions will be structured. Make sure you know your science practicals well.

thank you for the advice, i will make accounts for those online revision pages and use them and thanks for the tips.

i don't know where to start with the science practicals but i will start with my aqa revision books?

thank you again
Reply 8
Original post by CharlotteSalf
Hi, don’t let predicted grades get you down. Work really hard and prove your teachers wrong. You can always study at another college or sixth form if you get the grades you want! Good luck :smile:

thank you, if i have to re-do them i'll go far from my school as my friends will be shocked

i will work hard to try avoid it, thanks for the encouragement
Original post by lost.soul
thank you for the advice, i will make accounts for those online revision pages and use them and thanks for the tips.

i don't know where to start with the science practicals but i will start with my aqa revision books?

thank you again

The practicals should be in the textbook but they are definitely on Seneca, at least for whatever exam board I was with.
Oh. Found the quizlets I made for maths and science. I can't remember what exam board I was with but I hope these help:
Chemical Bonding - https://quizlet.com/_4vlrst
Physics Equations - https://quizlet.com/_4x9t0i
Maths Equations - https://quizlet.com/_4ykcro

is there any way I could get a 5 in each at GCSE so I can go on to a levels, or is it too late in your opinion?

How have your mocks been? have you been a hard working student?
Yes you can sort it out if you improve your study method, organisation and effort. You probably need a 6 for A level. Rather than worry about it take action that helps to improving grades.
Just do well in the mocks. Most places judge on how you actually performed. Free resources I suggest are:
Physics and Maths tutor
Dr Frost Maths
Free Science Lessons
Mr Bruff
There are many other resources if you do some searching for yourself.

Predicted grades mean nothing, and do not determine what grades you'll get on results day in the slightest. I was predicted a 6 in maths and got a 9, and predicted 4 in sciences and I got 7s. (I sat WJEC, so I got letter grades, so take the conversion with a pinch of salt.)
Schools often set predicted grades way lower than they actually expect you to get because it looks better in their files. A student predicted a 2 who actually ends up getting a 7 looks like an incredible over-achiever, whereas someone who was predicted a 7 and gets a 7 looks average.
It's all about government statistics, unfortunately.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Wheezy___
Oh. Found the quizlets I made for maths and science. I can't remember what exam board I was with but I hope these help:
Chemical Bonding - https://quizlet.com/_4vlrst
Physics Equations - https://quizlet.com/_4x9t0i
Maths Equations - https://quizlet.com/_4ykcro

thank you so much for these
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
How have your mocks been? have you been a hard working student?
Yes you can sort it out if you improve your study method, organisation and effort. You probably need a 6 for A level. Rather than worry about it take action that helps to improving grades.

i am starting them today but no i have been a terrible student, i have started over the past month to take it seriously so the teachers said my mocks this month might nor reflect much improvement but by the time january ones come it will really start to show

there are some places where i can get in with a 5, so i would have to get the top 5 that's the highest on foundation :frown:

thank you yeah i'm going to work hard
Reply 16
Original post by mstevens01
Just do well in the mocks. Most places judge on how you actually performed. Free resources I suggest are:
Physics and Maths tutor
Dr Frost Maths
Free Science Lessons
Mr Bruff
There are many other resources if you do some searching for yourself.

thats great thank you so much for the resources

Start learning how to use a broom to sweep the streets if you don’t start working hard
Reply 18
Original post by Lil_freeman
Predicted grades mean nothing, and do not determine what grades you'll get on results day in the slightest. I was predicted a 6 in maths and got a 9, and predicted 4 in sciences and I got 7s. (I sat WJEC, so I got letter grades, so take the conversion with a pinch of salt.)
Schools often set predicted grades way lower than they actually expect you to get because it looks better in their files. A student predicted a 2 who actually ends up getting a 7 looks like an incredible over-achiever, whereas someone who was predicted a 7 and gets a 7 looks average.
It's all about government statistics, unfortunately.

thanks for that your experience gives me hope!
I think everyone else has covered everything in the sense that you definitely shouldn't let it get you down. Only other advice I have is talk to your teachers and ask them why they gave you what they did. I think this is really importsnt

Quick Reply

Latest