The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Is it worth applying?

I am really keen to apply to the mst classical archaeology. They ask for a strong 2:1.

I had a horrendous first year at Oxford due to absolutely terrible family circumstances of which my mum suffered terrible harassment and abuse. It took a terrible toll on my grades and I averaged a 58% in my prelims. I obviously don’t have any other solid evidence of my performance but my professors are hoping I will get a high 2:1.

Is it even worth applying this year or is it best to wait until I have my final grades?
Prelims at Oxford are only a hurdle you have to cross to progress to year 2. They don't count towards your final degree. If you're on track for a good 2.1 then apply.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am really keen to apply to the mst classical archaeology. They ask for a strong 2:1.

I had a horrendous first year at Oxford due to absolutely terrible family circumstances of which my mum suffered terrible harassment and abuse. It took a terrible toll on my grades and I averaged a 58% in my prelims. I obviously don’t have any other solid evidence of my performance but my professors are hoping I will get a high 2:1.

Is it even worth applying this year or is it best to wait until I have my final grades?

Apply! I graduated with a low 2.1 (very low), and I have been accepted for an Mst at Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending