The Student Room Group

Predicated grades on UCAS

What happens if you don’t put any predicated grades on your UCAS application?
Original post by gk06
What happens if you don’t put any predicated grades on your UCAS application?

That would depend on why you have no predicted grades.

If you're resitting A levels, and are doing so independently (no school / college / tutor) then unis are well aware that it'll be challenging to get updated predictions and will probably make assumptions about your likely grades based upon your original grades and the extra year of study.

Similarly, if you're home-schooled, with no tutor, then even if you're not a resit candidate, they might be willing to accept the lack of predicted grades.

However, if you're attending school / college and there are no predictions accompanying your application, that will look very strange indeed. They may well be unwilling to make an offer under these circumstances.

By the way, just to clarify, you don't provide predicted grades anyway. Your referee does.
Reply 2
You dont put your predicted grades om your UCAS application - the person adding your reference does that.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
That would depend on why you have no predicted grades.

If you're resitting A levels, and are doing so independently (no school / college / tutor) then unis are well aware that it'll be challenging to get updated predictions and will probably make assumptions about your likely grades based upon your original grades and the extra year of study.

Similarly, if you're home-schooled, with no tutor, then even if you're not a resit candidate, they might be willing to accept the lack of predicted grades.

However, if you're attending school / college and there are no predictions accompanying your application, that will look very strange indeed. They may well be unwilling to make an offer under these circumstances.

By the way, just to clarify, you don't provide predicted grades anyway. Your referee does.

I’m a foundation year student applying to other unis and my college and uni both said they can’t give me predicated grades so idk what to do
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
You dont put your predicted grades om your UCAS application - the person adding your reference does that.

My college and uni both said they won’t give me predicated grades
Original post by gk06
I’m a foundation year student applying to other unis and my college and uni both said they can’t give me predicated grades so idk what to do

OK. If you're in your foundation year, then you don't need predicted grades (for your A levels, etc.) as you have actual grades. Your foundation year isn't (generally speaking) something which will of value / interest to other unis. They will look at your A level / BTEC / etc. results.
Just confirm by reply that that your current uni has said they can’t provide predictions.
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Just confirm by reply that that your current uni has said they can’t provide predictions.

Yes they have said they can’t provide me with predictions as I have not done many summative assessments
Reply 8
Original post by DataVenia
OK. If you're in your foundation year, then you don't need predicted grades (for your A levels, etc.) as you have actual grades. Your foundation year isn't (generally speaking) something which will of value / interest to other unis. They will look at your A level / BTEC / etc. results.

So it’s okay I have no predicated grades? Because I am on a science foundation year but I didn’t do any STEM A levels
Original post by gk06
Yes they have said they can’t provide me with predictions as I have not done many summative assessments

Yes, that’s pretty normal for someone doing a Foundation Year. All you can do is advise the unis you’re applying to and see what they say. They should be able to consider you regardless, (assuming they accept that FY).
Reply 10
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, that’s pretty normal for someone doing a Foundation Year. All you can do is advise the unis you’re applying to and see what they say. They should be able to consider you regardless, (assuming they accept that FY).

Thank you and yes I’ve checked whether they accept the foundation year
Original post by gk06
Thank you and yes I’ve checked whether they accept the foundation year

In that case they should be dealing with a few people in the same position every year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending