The Student Room Group

Dundee A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mcschang
I've emailed them a while ago and they said if you've done a degree with sufficient biology and chemistry then no further requirements are needed. Their website is somewhat superficial on that when they mean "previous academic attainments will also be taken into account".
Likewise I'm on 74% UCAT I think Dundee will be a safer option

Yeah I was wondering what that means too. I have a predicted 1st in a relevant science degree but in terms of a level I have A*AB so I’m not sure if they score that too? Guess we’ll find out soon.
Original post by k8clar
Yeah I was wondering what that means too. I have a predicted 1st in a relevant science degree but in terms of a level I have A*AB so I’m not sure if they score that too? Guess we’ll find out soon.

Upon taking a closer look at "medschools.ac.uk" at the entry requirement section for graduates it is written as follows:
"First class or upper second class (2:1) Honours degree in a relevant life science subject. This should be the first degree obtained."
Original post by jplascev
Hello there!

I was just wondering if someone could suggest/advise me if I should consider Dundee or not - Do I have a chance for the interview?
My results are as following:
UCAT: 2540
VR 520
DM 650
QR 700
AR 670
B2

BSc Biomedical science, going into 3rd year, predicted with 1:1 (+ distinction); straight As throughout 2 years, lowest was A-

Thank you all in advance!

Hi @jplascev

Thanks for getting in touch!

The UCAT accounts for 40% (60% for graduate entry) of your final score. We do not have a cut off for the UCAT, and consider everybody who applies to us. We do advise applicants to aim high, as generally speaking we make offers to those who have above average UCAT scores. For example, our analysis of the 2016 applicant cohort revealed that the average UCAT score of applicants invited for interview was 2740. For 2015 the average UCAT score for candidates selected for interview was 2710. For 2014 the average score of our applicants was 2650, and the average score of those to whom we made an offer was 2800.

These averages do change from year to year, however, and we cannot predict what kind of scores we will see on the applications we receive. At present we do not use the Situational Judgement Test to select for interview; however, Band 4 may affect the decision on whether or not to make an offer.

If you have any further question please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Enquiry Team on 01382 383838 or on [email protected]

Thanks!
Kathryn :smile:
Original post by bulbasaur55
i know dundee requires 2 weeks of care experience, but do they require it on my personal statement ? Because i know i can get 2 weeks of experience but it’ll have to be after the ucas deadline, so is it ok if i don’t write it on my personal statement but i’ll have it by the interview?Hi

Hi @bulbasaur55

If you have not yet completed the work experience you should still include somewhere in your application that you will be completing it, even if it is after the UCAS deadline.

Thanks
Original post by Fiestymaus303
Hi, could anyone advise if Dundee add 10% to widening access applicants scores? I’m sure a question was asked about this at the open day but I can’t find it. Thanks in advance. X

Hi @Fiestymaus303

Dundee has a fully contextualised admissions policy for all of our subjects, including medicine. This means that we look at all applications we receive and take into account any extenuating circumstances that may have affected an applicant's performance.

Medicine in particular holds a number of interview places back each year specifically for applicants who do have extenuating circumstances.

If you do have extenuating circumstances then I would advise you to work closely with your Academic Referee to ensure that they are aware of the situation and can communicate it clearly in their reference, explaining how it may have affected your performance and prevented you from achieving your full potential.

In addition to this the University of Dundee with provide you with an electronic ‘Adversity Questionnaire’ which will give you the opportunity to outline any mitigating circumstances.

Thanks
Original post by k8clar
Anyone know how Dundee scores UCAT for graduates?

Hi @k8clar

The UCAT accounts for 60% of graduates pre-interview score. We do not have a UCAT cut off score, however the higher your score the stronger your chance of being invited for an interview. Also graduates are in competition with all the other applicants we do not have set spaces reserved for graduates.

Thanks
Original post by jplascev
Does anyone know how many additional references can we send for Dundee?

Hi @jplascev

Thank you for getting in touch!

We only accept one reference for our applications to Medicine. This person should be from the last academic institution you attended and should be able to comment on your suitability for the course :smile:

Thanks
Kathryn
Original post by University of Dundee
Hi @k8clar

The UCAT accounts for 60% of graduates pre-interview score. We do not have a UCAT cut off score, however the higher your score the stronger your chance of being invited for an interview. Also graduates are in competition with all the other applicants we do not have set spaces reserved for graduates.

Thanks

Hi Kathryn, to what extent do school leaver qualifications play a part in the remaining 40% when I already have my degree at a First Class Honours?

Cheers!
Original post by amazon_prince
Hi Kathryn, to what extent do school leaver qualifications play a part in the remaining 40% when I already have my degree at a First Class Honours?

Cheers!

Hi @amazon_prince

We do take into consideration previous qualifications taken before your degree however do not have a minimum requirement for these. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please do feel free to give our Enquiry Team a call on 01382 383838 :smile:

Kathryn
Original post by University of Dundee
Hi @jplascev

Thank you for getting in touch!

We only accept one reference for our applications to Medicine. This person should be from the last academic institution you attended and should be able to comment on your suitability for the course :smile:

Thanks
Kathryn

Thank you for the answer!
I have actually called the admission team today and was told that we can send additional reference on [email protected] , stating my UCAS Personal ID.
Is that correct ?
Reply 50
Hi, anyone know how many places are allocated to UK students?
has anyone recieved invitation to interviews yet?
Reply 52
Original post by NazRaf
Hi, anyone know how many places are allocated to UK students?

It was 14 last year
Reply 53
Original post by GANFYD
It was 14 last year

Do you know how many applicants?
Reply 54
Original post by NazRaf
Do you know how many applicants?

Not off the top of my head, but I suspect there will be FOIs if you have a look
Reply 55
Original post by GANFYD
Not off the top of my head, but I suspect there will be FOIs if you have a look

Thanks!
Did anyone get an interview offer?
Original post by mjassal4

I’ve haven’t heard anything, but it probably won’t be too long now.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello

Great to hear discussions about interviews.

Our admissions staff are still reviewing Medicine applications however we are aiming to start sending out interview invites in the next few weeks. In the meantime you may want to look at the following webpage as this will give you an idea of what to expect if you are shortlisted for an interview: www.dundee.ac.uk/undergraduate/medicine/interview

If you have any further questions feel free to post them here or you can contact our Enquiry Team on [email protected] or on 01382 383838. We will be more than happy to help :smile:

Thanks,
Kathryn
Reply 59

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending