The Student Room Group

Redeem in S6 for Law?

Will universities be likely to give me a conditional for Law if I don't meet the S5 entry requirements but can meet the requirements for S6, If I get what I'm predicted also more than what they are asking for in the standard requirements in S6 and just get my **** together. I have completed the Reach Programme in Glasgow Uni which means there are no minimum requirements in S5 for only Glasgow Uni , but would they even consider this if I have not got the best S5 grades for my highers ? Will they even bother to see my grades in S6 if my grades in S5 were bad ?
Original post by Fiza.Ali
Will universities be likely to give me a conditional for Law if I don't meet the S5 entry requirements but can meet the requirements for S6, If I get what I'm predicted also more than what they are asking for in the standard requirements in S6 and just get my **** together. I have completed the Reach Programme in Glasgow Uni which means there are no minimum requirements in S5 for only Glasgow Uni , but would they even consider this if I have not got the best S5 grades for my highers ? Will they even bother to see my grades in S6 if my grades in S5 were bad ?

I think it will depend which university you apply to. There are plently of law courses in Scotland which will defintely consider your S6 results and give you a conditional offer (eg, Edinburgh Napier, Abertay... etc). I would do some research and contact universities directly to see what they say before applying.

Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Fiza.Ali

my results weren't horrendous like I didn't fail anything but they were just C's and B's
Reply 3
Original post by MedTalksWithJoy
I think it will depend which university you apply to. There are plently of law courses in Scotland which will defintely consider your S6 results and give you a conditional offer (eg, Edinburgh Napier, Abertay... etc). I would do some research and contact universities directly to see what they say before applying.

Good Luck!

Thanks !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending