The Student Room Group

Full marks from English lit essay?

So I’d like to get full marks on English lit essays (I’m doing macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, love and relationships and an inspector calls) and so could some one give me there 30/30 essay (or Band 6 so 26-30 marks) on any of these texts? Much appreciated
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Isabelpayne200
So I’d like to get full marks on English lit essays (I’m doing macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, love and relationships and an inspector calls) and so could some one give me there 30/30 essay (or Band 6 so 26-30 marks) on any of these texts? Much appreciated

Hi there.

I don’t have any of my English Literature essays, but if you have specific questions or need specific advice let me know and I’d be happy to do my best to help! (I did AQA Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde and Power and Conflict Anthology for my GCSE).
(edited 4 years ago)
The top grade. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll do my best to help.
Original post by Mona123456
Hi there.

I don’t have any of my English Literature essays, but if you have specific questions or need specific advice let me know and I’d be happy to do my best to help! (I did AQA Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde and Power and Conflict Anthology for my GCSE).

So I know this post was ages ago but do you have any tips for how to remember the language analysis for poems?
So I know this post was ages ago but do you have any tips for how to remember the language analysis for poems?

Sure thing.

So for poems, I made a condensed page of notes (just a single A4 side) on every poem. I’d put top level analysis (Mr Bruff is good for structure analysis and Stacey Reay is good for language analysis), plus contextual points. I’d try and analyse at least 5-6 quotes for each poem minimum, and I’d also make a note of bigger themes and symbolism so it was easier to see links between poems. Then I just kept reading through the notes a few times, and did lots of practice essays to think about which poems compare well.
Sure thing.

So for poems, I made a condensed page of notes (just a single A4 side) on every poem. I’d put top level analysis (Mr Bruff is good for structure analysis and Stacey Reay is good for language analysis), plus contextual points. I’d try and analyse at least 5-6 quotes for each poem minimum, and I’d also make a note of bigger themes and symbolism so it was easier to see links between poems. Then I just kept reading through the notes a few times, and did lots of practice essays to think about which poems compare well.

Thank you. Also how many poems should I learn because apparently it’s like 5 but I’ve heard other amounts too, so how many did you learn to get a high marks?
Thank you. Also how many poems should I learn because apparently it’s like 5 but I’ve heard other amounts too, so how many did you learn to get a high marks?

I learnt all of the poems. It seems like a lot but if you start in the Christmas holidays then you should have plenty of time to analyse and memorise all of them. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and I would advise against only learning a set few poems that teachers think can link to anything. What if one of the other poems comes up in the exam, that other students have already learnt high level context and analysis for, whilst you’re seeing it for the first time like an unseen poem? Definitely go through all poems if you can.
I learnt all of the poems. It seems like a lot but if you start in the Christmas holidays then you should have plenty of time to analyse and memorise all of them. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and I would advise against only learning a set few poems that teachers think can link to anything. What if one of the other poems comes up in the exam, that other students have already learnt high level context and analysis for, whilst you’re seeing it for the first time like an unseen poem? Definitely go through all poems if you can.

Will do, thanks!
Hi I’m on for a nine for lit and language gcse, and I have some essays with full marks if you want me to send them to you? ( I do Macbeth, sign of four and inspector calls)
Original post by LG1234567
Hi I’m on for a nine for lit and language gcse, and I have some essays with full marks if you want me to send them to you? ( I do Macbeth, sign of four and inspector calls)

Yes please that’s be brilliant
Yes please that’s be brilliant

Im a bit new to this website and can’t figure out how to send them directly so I’m just sending them here. (Sorry - handwriting isn’t the neatest!)
1st one is Eva smith representing poverty:- image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This next one is how shakespeare presents the contrasting characters of Duncan and Macbeth:- image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hope this is useful; I probably have more if you want them?
Wow well done for getting 30/30 full marks Level 6(grade 9 in new system). I am a little disappointed that I got only 25/30 Level 5(grade 7-8) but I hope next time I get full marks like you do. Well done though it's a excellent essay I have to say congrats!

Im a bit new to this website and can’t figure out how to send them directly so I’m just sending them here. (Sorry - handwriting isn’t the neatest!)
1st one is Eva smith representing poverty:- ellimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This next one is how shakespeare presents the contrasting characters of Duncan and Macbeth:- image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

hi do you have one on character range or one on the theme of ambition.
1st one is Eva smith representing poverty:- image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Reply 13

hi there, I know this post has been here for ages but I would appreciate it if you could help me with my English language GCSE,i just need some English essay samples.
make sure to refer to the overall message in texts, and have a banging thesis statement. examiners love when students conceptualise their answers in thesis statements, and its important to discuss the meaning of your texts (incl. poems) rather then just talking about the theme in the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending