The Student Room Group

tell me about the son of 'man?'

some Pharisees asked, do you permit divorce?
jesus answered, in the beginning, god made a man and a woman from the man, that's why a man gets married so the two shall become one.
the pharisees asked, why then did Moses say that a man could dismiss his wife
jesus answered, in the beginning, god did not intent it to be that way. anyone who divorce his wife for her unfaithfulness, commits not adultery if he marries another one.
the disciples of jesus said, if the case of a man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.
jesus answered, there are eunochs which were so born. and some eunochs were made so by men. and others refuse to marry for the kingdom of heaven's sake. let him who can accept this? do so.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a man came to jesus and asked, teacher, what shall i do to receive eternal life?
jesus answered, keep the 10 commandments.
the man replied, i have kept all these, what else.
jesus said, give your riches to the poor and follow me.
peter spoke up, we have left everything to be your followers, what then.
jesus answered, at the renewal of all things? when the son of man sits on the throne of his glory, then you followers of mine will sit on thrones
You again. :colonhash:
you seem to be fixated on the new testament.
Reply 3
Jesus asked his latest disciple... what's your name? Peter, Lord... he replied. Right said Jesus... I'll have some new sandals from you for starters!
Reply 4
who would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?, the disciples asked jesus.
jesus answered, whoever will humble himself like a little child is the greatest. see that you do not despise any of these little ones.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
The bible bashing troll fixated on the new testament.

peter asked jesus, if my friend keeps on sinning against me. how many times shall i forgive him? is seven times enough.
jesus answered, no not just seven times but seven times seven because the kingdom of heaven is like this.
Reply 6
jesus took with him Peter and the brothers James and John up a mountain. as they looked on, a change came over jesus, his face was shining like the sun and behold Moses and Elijah talking with jesus.
his disciples later ask him, the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come before the Messiah does.
jesus answered, Elijah will certainly come? and make everything ready. in fact, Elijah has already come and people did not recognized him. jesus was talking to them about John the baptist.
Reply 7
jesus said, if your eye causes you to stumble and sin, get rid of it?. you would be better off to go in the kingdom of heaven with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fires of hell that burns forever.
Original post by Vinny C
Jesus asked his latest disciple... what's your name? Peter, Lord... he replied. Right said Jesus... I'll have some new sandals from you for starters!

Do you know any non-abrahamic scriptural quotes that can be shared?
Time to add some religious pluralism to this thread.
Reply 9
Do you know any non-abrahamic scriptural quotes that can be shared?
Time to add some religious pluralism to this thread.

Oh yes... Talmund and Quabala, check out Adam's first wife Lillith. Her first words... why is he bigger than me? What if he knocks me about? Off to a good start here, thought God.

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to answer the thread title, turns out it's just rudyy's other cousin.
Reply 11
Original post by Vinny C
Oh yes... Talmund and Quabala, check out Adam's first wife Lillith. Her first words... why is he bigger than me? What if he knocks me about? Off to a good start here, thought God.

jesus said, a man went out to hire some men to work in his vineyard?. he agreed to pay them a regular wage. he said, why are you standing here loafting around doing nothing?. he went out at nine o'clock, twelve o'clock and three o'clock. it was nearly five o'clock when he hired some others, you also go and work in my vineyard he told them. when evening came, he called them to pay their wages. the men who were hired first grumbled at the owner saying, these men who were hired last, worked only one hour yet you paid them the same as you paid us who have born the burden and the scorching heat of the day. the owner answered, i have not cheated you, after all you agreed to work for a silver coin. don't i have the right to do what i want with my money, or do you begrudge my generosity
the kingdom of heaven is like this
Original post by indelight
jesus said, a man went out to hire some men to work in his vineyard?. he agreed to pay them a regular wage. he said, why are you standing here loafting around doing nothing?. he went out at nine o'clock, twelve o'clock and three o'clock. it was nearly five o'clock when he hired some others, you also go and work in my vineyard he told them. when evening came, he called them to pay their wages. the men who were hired first grumbled at the owner saying, these men who were hired last, worked only one hour yet you paid them the same as you paid us who have born the burden and the scorching heat of the day. the owner answered, i have not cheated you, after all you agreed to work for a silver coin. don't i have the right to do what i want with my money, or do you begrudge my generosity
the kingdom of heaven is like this

I agree... orthodox Christianity claims accept Jesus as God (a claim he never makes in the Bible) and you are guaranteed a place in Heaven. To my mind... it is up to God what happens to your soul. Not down to us to wave a rulebook at him come the time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Vinny C
I agree... orthodox Christianity claims accept Jesus as God (a claim he never makes in the Bible) and you are guaranteed a place in Heaven. To my mind... it is up to God what happens to your soul. Not down to us to wave a rulebook at him come the time.

a woman asked jesus a favor, grant that these two sons of mine may sit at your right and left when you are king?
jesus answered, i have no right to choose who will sit on the thrones next to mine. those places are reserved for the ones my father selects.
for if one wants to be great, he must serve like a servant. and if one wants to be first, he must serve like a slave.
Reply 14
Original post by Leviathan1611
I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to answer the thread title, turns out it's just rudyy's other cousin.

a large crowd was following jesus. two blind men sitting by the road heard that jesus was passing by so they began to shout, even the louder, son of david, take pity on us.
jesus stopped and asked them, what do you want me to do for you?
they answered, give us our sight.
jesus touched their eyes, at once they could see and followed him.
Original post by indelight
a woman asked jesus a favor, grant that these two sons of mine may sit at your right and left when you are king?
jesus answered, i have no right to choose who will sit on the thrones next to mine. those places are reserved for the ones my father selects.
for if one wants to be great, he must serve like a servant. and if one wants to be first, he must serve like a slave.

You know your scripture. I find in my Church that far too many are pious but are nasty and narrow minded when it comes down to simply being nice people. I find such people are often afflicted with ailments and feel like suggesting it might just be divine judgement for their unpleasant personalities. The general teaching is accepting Jesus as God and saviour is enough. You are saved!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Vinny C
You know your scripture. I find in my Church that far too many are pious but are nasty and narrow minded when it comes down to simply being nice people. I find such people are often afflicted with ailments and feel like suggesting it might just be divine judgement for their unpleasant personalities. The general teaching is accepting Jesus as God and saviour is enough. You are saved!

jesus and his disciples approached Jerusalem, look your king is coming to you humbly riding on a donkey. when jesus entered jerusalem he went into the temple. the blind and the crippled came to him and he healed them. the chief priests became angry when they saw the wonderful things he was doing. as he taught, the elders asked him, who gave you the right to do these things?

jesus answered, where did john's right to baptize come from, from god or from men? and he added, the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of heaven ahead of you, for john the baptist has shown you the right path to take but you did not believe him, even later you did not change your minds and believe him.
Reply 17
Original post by Vinny C

the kingdom of heaven is like a king? who gave a wedding feast for his son?
he sent his servants with this message for the invited guests? everything is ready , the roast is in the oven, hurry, come to the banquet. but the guests paid no attention and went about their business. so the king said to his servants, go to the streets and invite anyone you find? and the banquet room was soon filled with people. but when the king went in to look at the guests, he noticed a man who wasn't wearing the wedding robe? the king asked him, friend, how did you get in here? without a wedding robe. then he told his servants, tie him up and throw him outside in the dark? there he will cry and grit the teeth in pain.
and jesus concluded, many are invited but few are chosen.
Reply 18

the Sadducees said there is no resurrection after death, so jesus answered,
as to whether there is a resurrection of the dead, god said, iam the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
if abraham, Isaac and Jacob long dead were not alive in his presence, then god would have said, i was the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Reply 19
Original post by Leviathan1611

jesus asked the Pharisees, what do you think of the Christ, whose son is he?
they replied, the son of David.
he said to them, why then did the holy spirit inspire David to call the Christ his lord, saying, god said to my lord, sit at my right hand until i put your enemies? under your feet.
since David called him his lord, how can he be merely his son?

Latest

Trending

Trending