The Student Room Group

undergraduate healthcare

hi
looking for some advice.

I'm a single mum to one toddler who i am also a carer for due to his disability learning needs and I've been attending Arden university since 2020 and i am now on my last year. i am a blended student studying healthcare management. i attend two days a week 1;30 till 5:30.

so my problem is i have to leave early due to i live a good distance away from Arden and the bus can be a havoc getting back to where i am, so i have to make sure I'm back in time for my son, also when my son is unwell i have to collect him from nursery due to no support at home.

i have now received a warning for days off due to my son being unwell. Now I've never had a issue with Arden with me leaving early or with me explaining i have to stay off if my son is unwell. only recently now they are on back and basically saying i should be a distance learner on my last damn year! to provide sick notes for each day my sons not been in and spoke with drs they will not give me a sicknote unless its for me and I've been advised to make a appointment for myself for a sick note to say university is causing me stress and anxiety and its affecting my mental health.

now i feel like I've not been supported enough with situation and discriminated due to the fact i have to leave early or i cant come in because of my son? like why say this now but not previous years? i suffer anxiety and depression and for past two days all I've been doing is crying? like I've come this far to even make it to last year.

I'm waiting for a call from student support to speak about it but the emails before that is just telling me to study at home and be a distance learner and i don't want that. i can make into university, I'm on top with my work, i never miss deadlines, yes i have to leave early but that shouldn't be a issue for me to kicked to the curb and be told distance learning is your only route now?

i don't know what to do has in reality i want to remain full time because my son attends nursery two days a week and it helps with his disability needs and not going to lie i need my student finance i depend on it finically and I've been told if go to distance learning il only have my tuition fee paid.

i feel stuck and feel like saying if your going to remove me from full time to distance then remove me all together, i just feel like I've had no support or guidance given.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending