The Student Room Group

[Official] Peterhouse College Applicants 2020

Which subject have you all applied for and what drew you to peterhouse?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulmedic_32

I've applied for Natural Sciences (biological), I mainly chose Peterhouse after visiting for an essay prize, really nice atmosphere and I like the idea of a small college :smile: How about you?
Original post by sarah1248
I've applied for Natural Sciences (biological), I mainly chose Peterhouse after visiting for an essay prize, really nice atmosphere and I like the idea of a small college :smile: How about you?

good luck! i too visited a couple of months ago and thought it looked pretty and i like the location of it. i am hoping the small size means everyone there is really close like a family haha
good luck! i too visited a couple of months ago and thought it looked pretty and i like the location of it. i am hoping the small size means everyone there is really close like a family haha

Yeah me too! aha
Maths
It's one of the only two I visited at open day, it's small, and the building isn't too imposing or brutal.
Reply 5
Why does Peterhouse not accept applicants from so many different courses? 😭
Original post by Deggs_14
Why does Peterhouse not accept applicants from so many different courses? 😭

Probably because it's so small. I think they only take in about 75 1st years each year.
Reply 7
I've applied for history. Peterhouse is the oldest college in Cambridge so what better place to study history! The architecture is amazing and there's a deer park next to it - perfect for a winter walk.
I've applied for Medicine. I chose Peterhouse because it seemed like a very cozy, small and friendly college :smile:

Hi! You applied for Medicine too right? Post in this thread when you get your interview invitation and we could inform each other :smile:
Original post by Kat1233
I've applied for history. Peterhouse is the oldest college in Cambridge so what better place to study history! The architecture is amazing and there's a deer park next to it - perfect for a winter walk.

yesss the deer park looks so beautiful and peaceful :h:
Original post by puravi
Hi! You applied for Medicine too right? Post in this thread when you get your interview invitation and we could inform each other :smile:

yep and sure, have you already done your bmat? what score did you get? x
yep and sure, have you already done your bmat? what score did you get? x

I did the Oct BMAT and results aren't out yet. Which BMAT did you do and how did it go!
wondering if anyone has gotten any news/interview offers from Peterhouse? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by htttttttttt
wondering if anyone has gotten any news/interview offers from Peterhouse? :smile:

Not yet! They're coming out this week. Anxiously checking my emails every five minutes :frown:
Original post by Kat1233
Not yet! They're coming out this week. Anxiously checking my emails every five minutes :frown:

omg honestly same...fingers crossed for everyone who has applied!
Original post by Kat1233

I've applied for history too!! Anxiously waiting for an email.... hoping I'll at least get an interview because I'm applying post results but my AHAA really was chronic so v worried... I chose Peterhouse because it's small and has history tutors in a whole range of areas
Reply 17
Original post by ninjaliv
I've applied for history too!! Anxiously waiting for an email.... hoping I'll at least get an interview because I'm applying post results but my AHAA really was chronic so v worried... I chose Peterhouse because it's small and has history tutors in a whole range of areas

Don’t worry, they don’t look too much into the admission tests, you’ll have a high chance! What results did you get?
Original post by Kat1233
Don’t worry, they don’t look too much into the admission tests, you’ll have a high chance! What results did you get?

3A*s 1A
Original post by ninjaliv

I'm applying post result too. (ish)
A*AB and predicted A* in a fourth
(Started Further Maths in year 13)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending