The Student Room Group

can't pick a cambridge college

i know it's not meant to be that huge of a decision but i'm struggling so much. i've read so many comments about them all that i can't tell which are more positively viewed and just cannot pick which i like the look of most. i'm applying to architecture, do not want to pick one of the modern ones, want at least 2 years onsite accom but preferably more, and i obviously want it to look nice. any tips ..?
I'm at Sidney and it's great here
Just do an open application if you can't choose.

Remember there's a 20-25% chance you'll get pooled to another college anyway, and architecture is very department-centric as a course anyway I gather.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Just do an open application if you can't choose.

Remember there's a 20-25% chance you'll get pooled to another college anyway, and architecture is very department-centric as a course anyway I gather.

i considered it but i really don't want to get assigned to one of the modern colleges if i do an open application so i'd rather choose one. i know that there's always a chance of being pooled and ending up in one of those colleges and that's ok but i would still rather pick one. i've considered peterhouse pembroke and kings but can't make my mind up
Original post by mymelo
i considered it but i really don't want to get assigned to one of the modern colleges if i do an open application so i'd rather choose one. i know that there's always a chance of being pooled and ending up in one of those colleges and that's ok but i would still rather pick one. i've considered peterhouse pembroke and kings but can't make my mind up

Check out the scarf colours, if you don't like purple, not King's.
Original post by mymelo

You have a pretty decent chance to end up being pooled to a modern college anyway. To a significant point I think your college is a glorified hall of residence in this case so I think you're making this more difficult for yourself than it needs to be. Especially considering there's a very good chance you'll end up at another college anyway (and most likely will end up with supervisions in other colleges as well, not to mention for architecture will probably spend most of your time in the studio in department regardless).
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mymelo
i know it's not meant to be that huge of a decision but i'm struggling so much. i've read so many comments about them all that i can't tell which are more positively viewed and just cannot pick which i like the look of most. i'm applying to architecture, do not want to pick one of the modern ones, want at least 2 years onsite accom but preferably more, and i obviously want it to look nice. any tips ..?

If you want old building, guaranteed on-site accommodation for all years of your degree, and a really friendly and pretty college, maybe Homerton? It's a bit further out, but only about an 8 min cycle ride to the Architecture department, and has loads amenities nearby like supermarkets, theatre, cinema, train station, bowling etc.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending