The Student Room Group

Are you for or against school uniform?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrMusician95
Tie and blazer look more professional but when I was in secondary school we didn't need to look professional. I think the same about work, employees should be able to dress for comfort - within reason.

so what do you think is better for secondary school uniform. tie and blazer or a school polo shirt
Reply 61
As much as I hated wearing uniform at school, I'm for it provided that the schools aren't complete tossers and enforce ridiculous rules (e.g. trousers being a certain length, girls not being allowed to wear trousers). I don't have much fond memories of non school uniform days, as it was essentially a whole day of kids wearing expensive brands or trending clothes bragging and making fun of those who aren't as fashionable.
Original post by kkboyk
As much as I hated wearing uniform at school, I'm for it provided that the schools aren't complete tossers and enforce ridiculous rules (e.g. trousers being a certain length, girls not being allowed to wear trousers). I don't have much fond memories of non school uniform days, as it was essentially a whole day of kids wearing expensive brands or trending clothes bragging and making fun of those who aren't as fashionable.

do you think it should be shirt, tie and blazer or school polo shirt tho
Reply 63
Original post by Simon0276
do you think it should be shirt, tie and blazer or school polo shirt tho

Shirt, tie (preferably clip on) and blazer for secondary. Polo T-shirt with jumpers or cardigan for primary school.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
I'm for it but I think it need to be a bit less formal and blazers shouldn't be mandatory cause they are bloody expensive.

Agreed lucky in my old secondary blazers weren't mandatory still wore them lol (in spring when it wasn't too hot or cold)
When I was at school we had to wear uniform, which in my opinion was good.
Saved me waisting time in the morning as to what I was going to wear.
When I was at school we had to wear uniform, which in my opinion was good.
Saved me waisting time in the morning as to what I was going to wear.
Oops sorry about that.
Original post by 1st superstar
Question above and I am personally for school uniform

For

All students look smart, identical and if you're poor nobody can tell.

Keep the uniform!
what do you mean a bit less formal?? do you think schools should have a school tie or drop all of that and go to a polo shirt

Polo Shirt. Ties are counterproductive especially in workshops
Original post by Kaffee_1998
Polo Shirt. Ties are counterproductive especially in workshops

I think polo shirts in secondary schools looks awful. proper uniform all the way. white shirt, school tie and nice blazer
I am in the 'depends' category. I do not want school clothes to be such that they contribute to fast fashion, the second biggest cause of climate change. I do not want them to be only able to be bought from one supplier who can make a large profit and the cost be a great burden on parents. I want the clothes that are required to be worn for PE to recognise that many children and young people growing up have body image issues (so no speedo swimwear for boys or gym knickers for girls, for example).

A simple uniform at secondary level I'm in favour of, but not really at primary level.
I think polo shirts in secondary schools looks awful. proper uniform all the way. white shirt, school tie and nice blazer

Aye Im so savvy with the blazer especially when it was 80 quid a pop every year.
as must as i hate school uni, for.
Original post by bribriaa
as must as i hate school uni, for.

why do u hate it
Wow, so the main reason for people here in support of school uniforms is because of bullying? It's pathetic that people can actually be so weak minded that they let the fear of being judged/mocked by other delinquents dictate what they decide to wear or not. Why not actually fight back and do something about the bullying, instead of hoping that something as petty as everyone wearing school uniforms is going to save you? No wonder bullying is so common, if people actually think like this.
Original post by Tmoulti89
Wow, so the main reason for people here in support of school uniforms is because of bullying? How about harden the **** up and quit being a bunch of wimps? It's pathetic that people can actually be so weak minded that they let the fear of being judged/mocked by other delinquents dictate what they decide to wear or not. Why not actually fight back and do something about the bullying, instead of hoping that something as petty as everyone wearing school uniforms is going to save you? No wonder bullying is so common, if people actually think like this.

I am for a school uniform so longs as it ain't a polo shirt and it is blazer and tie because it looks good and I feel proud to wear it not for any other reason
I am for a school uniform so longs as it ain't a polo shirt and it is blazer and tie because it looks good and I feel proud to wear it not for any other reason

Why do you feel "proud" to wear it? That's a first.
Original post by Tmoulti89
Why do you feel "proud" to wear it? That's a first.

I feel happy to represent my school by wearing my uniform. even after school if I still have it on I keep it smart and neat. however polo shirts are not real uniform for secondary schools
Now that I'm in sixth form, I really regret how I always complained about the uniform. As someone who doesn't own many clothes (due to spending all my money on games and food), I now feel kinda anxious revolving through the same few outfits every week as I constantly feel judged (even though part of me is aware that no one cares). Uniforms are comfy and blazers usually have a convenient amount of pockets. Personally, I'd like it if my sixth form also enforced the lower school's uniform as I really miss wearing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending