The Student Room Group

Law at Oxford Interview Invites 2020

Hey!
Currently waiting to hear back from Keble College on my Law application. I heard I’m supposed to hear back around the 25th November but I’ve still been checking my emails constantly since October 15th. I’m so nervous.
Predictions: A*A*A
GCSEs: 8888877776
LNAT: was horrible. Section A was a little bit better but in Section B I really blanked out. Not feeling very hopeful at the moment. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I am also applying for Keble, interview invites should be out from the 25th November according to Brasenose Admin on TSR.
Prediction : A*A*A
GCSEs: 9888876 A* A
LNAT: Thought it went decent enough, both sections
Wadham here:hello:

Predictions: A*AA + A in AS Further Maths + A* Achieved last year
LNAT: Terrible. I thought my essay was okay but I hated my question so I came out feeling sorry for myself for getting hard questions. My multiple choice was...let's not even talk about it.
GCSEs: 9998887777
Worcester :smile:

waiting anxiously haha
predicted: International so won't be of much help
LNAT: MCQ should be fine but definitely could've done better at the essay imo. Not the worst but not the best I've written.

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 4
Hiya!
I'm also waiting to hear back from Keble for Law. UPDATE: I got an interview for Brasenose, which I am very happy about! :smile:
Predictions: A*AA
GCSEs: 9888887776
LNAT: Agree with you, it was horrendous. I found my essay question okay (I use that term loosely, :redface:) but the multiple choice... who even knows at this point. Best of luck with your application!
(edited 4 years ago)
GUYS I just got an interview for St Peters!!
Got reallocated from Wadham who apparently didn’t want me then😂😂

I’m so shocked my LNAT was so bad. Hopefully it goes well! Good luck to everyone waiting back. I thought I’d hear next week so I was shocked.
Reply 6
Original post by Euphoria101

I’m so shocked my LNAT was so bad. Hopefully it goes well! Good luck to everyone waiting back. I thought I’d hear next week so I was shocked.

Congratulations! That's amazing news, what an incredible achievement. Best of luck for your interview! :smile:
Reply 7

Congratss!!!! Amazing and well done!! Could you see what the decision was from the subject of the e-mail?
Reply 8
Original post by anndal
Congratss!!!! Amazing and well done!! Could you see what the decision was from the subject of the e-mail?

Nope, just says 'shortlisting decisions'.
waiting to hear from Brasenose
predicted A*A*A* with a B in maths AS last year
GCSES 9999999888A*A
LNAT i thought was really difficult but the essay was okay
really nervous now that some people have reported interviews from brasenose!! :smile:
Original post by jeccca
Congratulations! That's amazing news, what an incredible achievement. Best of luck for your interview! :smile:

Thank you! I’m expecting nothing more tbh, getting an interview is enough for me😂😂

Have you heard back?
Original post by anndal

Dude it took me a few mins to understand the email. The first paragraphs didn’t say anything about an interview, it was just because I saw some dates and it said ‘we would be grateful if you could reply by...’ at the end😂😂

I didn’t check the title cause I’m stupid but the subject RE is ‘Law Interviews, University if Oxford’.

Hope this helps anyone. I imagine wording like this is college dependent.

I also didn’t even know there was a college called st peters😂
Reply 11
Thank you! I’m expecting nothing more tbh, getting an interview is enough for me😂😂

Have you heard back?

Dude it took me a few mins to understand the email. The first paragraphs didn’t say anything about an interview, it was just because I saw some dates and it said ‘we would be grateful if you could reply by...’ at the end😂😂

I didn’t check the title cause I’m stupid but the subject RE is ‘Law Interviews, University if Oxford’.

Seems the wording is different from college to college. Thanks so much for sharing! Now am bracing for rejection. So sad... but so happy for you guys. You deserve it
Reply 12

Have you heard back?

Yeah, got an interview at Brasenose :smile: I'm the same as you - wasn't even expecting an interview so anything from here on is just an added bonus!
When did Brasenose interview offers come through to you guys? Well done by the way! And does it show on ucas track?
Original post by jeccca
Yeah, got an interview at Brasenose :smile: I'm the same as you - wasn't even expecting an interview so anything from here on is just an added bonus!

Exactly!
Original post by anndal
Seems the wording is different from college to college. Thanks so much for sharing! Now am bracing for rejection. So sad... but so happy for you guys. You deserve it

Honestly I was convinced I wouldn’t get an interview and tbh I would’ve been fine if I didn’t. But you never know, look at me😂😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Any Worcester direct applicant invites?
Original post by Vodex_Law
Any Worcester direct applicant invites?

I doubt it since there haven’t been any reported and I haven’t received an email confirming my interview there which Keble said would come in a few days.
Reply 17
Original post by Lawnut
When did Brasenose interview offers come through to you guys? Well done by the way! And does it show on ucas track?

Mine came through just after 3 this afternoon. It doesn't show on track, at least it hasn't updated yet. That might be because I received my offer through Keble admissions (my original college choice), it might show on track when I receive my actual Brasenose (which according to the email, should be a couple days)
I haven’t had a track update and I received my invite at 3 (didn’t see until 5:45 because was at work).

How are people preparing for interviews?
@Oxford Mum

Hi! You’ve been very helpful providing us with advice and statistics. Do you have any data on how many law applicants are interviewed and then given an offer or rejected?

Also do you have any tips on preparation/ideas of what the interviews will consist of?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending