The Student Room Group

Religious studies

I’m doing religious education A - level and I’m having trouble learning natural law. Could someone explain me please, the difference beatween the 4 tiers of laws and their criticisms. Also, what is the synderesis principle ?
Reply 1
Hey! I’m not sure my specification studies the 4 tiers of law however we have covered the Synderesis principle. This principle was formed by Aquinas along with the rest of the Natural Moral law theory and it suggests that a moral agent (the person carrying out the moral/ immoral act) is directed to do good instead of doing evil. This is Commonly contested as many do evil all of the time, however, the conscience plays a big role in the direction! Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by KeyleeA
Hey! I’m not sure my specification studies the 4 tiers of law however we have covered the Synderesis principle. This principle was formed by Aquinas along with the rest of the Natural Moral law theory and it suggests that a moral agent (the person carrying out the moral/ immoral act) is directed to do good instead of doing evil. This is Commonly contested as many do evil all of the time, however, the conscience plays a big role in the direction! Hope this helps!

How does conscience play a big part?
Reply 3
If you compare both modules side by side there is a lot of overlap in content to start with, but more specifically, the conscience, Aquinas would say, directs people to doing good or evil acts and therefore is the guiding principle (given by God) of the Synderesis principle
Reply 4
Original post by KeyleeA
If you compare both modules side by side there is a lot of overlap in content to start with, but more specifically, the conscience, Aquinas would say, directs people to doing good or evil acts and therefore is the guiding principle (given by God) of the Synderesis principle

Thank u
Reply 5
Anytime!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending