The Student Room Group

Alabama Sheriff Is Reportedly Killed Over Loud Music

Lowndes County in Alabama is mourning the loss of a pillar in their community, Sheriff John “Big John” Williams. According to the Montgomery Adviser, Sheriff Williams was allegedly shot in the head around 8:15 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 23) after approaching the car of William Chase Johnson outside of a QV convenience store near the Lowndes County Courthouse. Reports say that Williams was going to inquire about Johnson’s music being loud and ask him to turn it down.

Shortly after midnight on Sunday (Nov. 24), following a four-hour manhunt, Johnson surrendered at the same gas station where he took Sheriff Williams’ life. According to The Associate Press, the state issued an emergency alert late Saturday (Nov. 23) saying that they were seeking an 18-year-old white man, who was last seen around the time of the shooting at a QV gas station in Lowndes Country about 20 miles southwest of Montgomery. Sgt. Steve Jarrett, the commander of state troopers’ Montgomery post, confirmed that Johnson approached the scene with a handgun, which was taken from him before he was placed in custody. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency canceled the emergency alert after Johnson was apprehended.

According to Elmore jail records, Johnson was charged with murder and a bond has not yet been set.

Williams was first elected sheriff of Lowndes County, which is predominately Black and had a population of 11,000, in 2010, according to The Associated Press.

The AL.com reports that Williams is the fifth Alabama law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty this year.

https://newsone.com/3894899/beloved-black-alabama-sheriff-is-reportedly-killed-over-loud-music/
Ofc hes white.
I don't think the race is important here. If your gonna shoot a cop just cos he's approaching you then you are wrong in the head regardless of colour.
Original post by davesantana
Ofc hes white.

it's alabama what do you expect?
Original post by Glaz

Considering sheriff was black probs a mixed town.

As well as incest ofc
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Lowndes County in Alabama is mourning the loss of a pillar in their community, Sheriff John “Big John” Williams. According to the Montgomery Adviser, Sheriff Williams was allegedly shot in the head around 8:15 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 23) after approaching the car of William Chase Johnson outside of a QV convenience store near the Lowndes County Courthouse. Reports say that Williams was going to inquire about Johnson’s music being loud and ask him to turn it down.

Shortly after midnight on Sunday (Nov. 24), following a four-hour manhunt, Johnson surrendered at the same gas station where he took Sheriff Williams’ life. According to The Associate Press, the state issued an emergency alert late Saturday (Nov. 23) saying that they were seeking an 18-year-old white man, who was last seen around the time of the shooting at a QV gas station in Lowndes Country about 20 miles southwest of Montgomery. Sgt. Steve Jarrett, the commander of state troopers’ Montgomery post, confirmed that Johnson approached the scene with a handgun, which was taken from him before he was placed in custody. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency canceled the emergency alert after Johnson was apprehended.

According to Elmore jail records, Johnson was charged with murder and a bond has not yet been set.

Williams was first elected sheriff of Lowndes County, which is predominately Black and had a population of 11,000, in 2010, according to The Associated Press.

The AL.com reports that Williams is the fifth Alabama law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty this year.

https://newsone.com/3894899/beloved-black-alabama-sheriff-is-reportedly-killed-over-loud-music/

Why did you mention the fact that sheriff is black and the murderer is white? Do you have evidence that it was a racially motivated attack?
Reply 6
Ofc hes white.

Original post by Glaz

Because the majority of the population of Alabama is white? Or something else?
Original post by Sir Cumference
Because the majority of the population of Alabama is white? Or something else?

Because it is a very ****ed up place, incest, racism, etc...
Reply 8
Original post by Glaz
Because it is a very ****ed up place, incest, racism, etc...

"Ofc he's white" is the comment that confused me - I didn't want to jump to racism being the motivation for that post. Your reply to him didn't help and confused me more.
"Ofc he's white" is the comment that confused me - I didn't want to jump to racism being the motivation for that post. Your reply to him didn't help and confused me more.

i meant that you dont see a black guy going and randomly shooting an innocent person. sure black and mexicans do kill people due to drug wars ect but the victims aint exactly innocent
idk i may be wrong. but its usually white males who are the terrorists shooting up walmarts, schools and churches.
Reply 10
i meant that you dont see a black guy going and randomly shooting an innocent person. sure black and mexicans do kill people due to drug wars ect but the victims aint exactly innocent
idk i may be wrong. but its usually white males who are the terrorists shooting up walmarts, schools and churches.

This is a pretty baffling post and I can only assume that you hold bigoted views against white people.
This is a pretty baffling post and I can only assume that you hold bigoted views against white people.

nope. fun fact im into mostly white girls. and most of my friends are white males so wrong again
(edited 4 years ago)

Anyone: Criticises a white person for murdering a POC

TSR: "This is anti-white Chinese propaganda"
Reply 13
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Anyone: Criticises a white person for murdering a POC

TSR: "This is anti-white Chinese propaganda"

What relevance is it that they are white??? If I created a thread with the title,

“White Alabama Sheriff Killed By Black Teen“

Would you not think that the OP was a racist? Both this example and your thread title are racist and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending