The Student Room Group

Cannot study because my dad plays music so loud?

So we all know I cannot go anywhere else so please don’t comment that. My dad literally blares out music all the time because he barely works, and it’s so loud because he has installed speakers in the ceilings and the floor so the bass literally makes my room shake!! And it’s not even at night. It’s from 10am for hours and hours.
I have tried speaking to him but he just says ‘it’s my house, tough’. It’s frustrating he’s not cooperating when he knows how important my work is and I’m getting so behind because I cannot concentrate. I really don’t know what to do, I feel like crying everyday because I don’t get how people can be so selfish. Him and my mum seriously get annoyed whenever I complain like they’re the ones to be annoyed. There’s no justifiable reason to blare our music at high volumes throughout the entire day.
Im not sure what advice i can give. Im sorry to hear about your situation. I mean speakers in the floor! To listen with your feet? If your parents are not even trying to cooperate, then you could try talking to your tutor or head of year? See if they could help (they might know what to do). If all else fails you could wake up super early just to study, untill your parents wake up/play music. I wish i could suggest something more. Best of luck
and Happy New Year!
Reply 2
Maybe try some ear plugs. Or sabotage the wiring.
Original post by Anonymous
So we all know I cannot go anywhere else so please don’t comment that. My dad literally blares out music all the time because he barely works, and it’s so loud because he has installed speakers in the ceilings and the floor so the bass literally makes my room shake!! And it’s not even at night. It’s from 10am for hours and hours.
I have tried speaking to him but he just says ‘it’s my house, tough’. It’s frustrating he’s not cooperating when he knows how important my work is and I’m getting so behind because I cannot concentrate. I really don’t know what to do, I feel like crying everyday because I don’t get how people can be so selfish. Him and my mum seriously get annoyed whenever I complain like they’re the ones to be annoyed. There’s no justifiable reason to blare our music at high volumes throughout the entire day.

I know its 2 yrs late but i literally have teh same problem rn, i got the actual exams and tehres nothing i can do. The only thing i can do is comprises liek listen to my own music but i get ear aches cause i have to play it soo loud to block teh downstairs music , ear plugs, going in the garden but its soo cold and i cant stay outside tehre, waking up early also but i dont hav ethe capabilities to do that. Just deal with it is the only real solution rlly. As this was 2 yrs ago, did you eventually come up with any solutions? cause it killing me and i got teh worst ear and head ache rn , and my progress is soo bad cause i cant concentrate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending