The Student Room Group

Here to help for UBS graduate scheme video interview

Bored so if anyone needs help in any way let me know. I also got video interviews for many other investment banks/investment management firms so lemme know if you need any advice :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Bored so if anyone needs help in any way let me know. I also got video interviews for many other investment banks/investment management firms so lemme know if you need any advice :smile:

I have to do the UBS interview for graduate scheme, any tips?
Reply 2
Original post by R93t
I have to do the UBS interview for graduate scheme, any tips?

Is this for the online video Interview? and for what scheme?
Reply 3
Is this for the online video Interview? and for what scheme?

Yea the online video interview for corporate client solutions, have you gotten through for a scheme?
Reply 4
HII have a video interview for 12-month placement in Asset management for UBS. any tips?

Original post by R93t
Yea the online video interview for corporate client solutions, have you gotten through for a scheme?

Hi, I was wondering if you could give me any tips on the CCS video interview please? how many questions are there and what do they ask?
Reply 6
I have an interview for HR at UBS. Any tips?
Hi I have a video interview for 2020 Graduate Program Securities Trading - Equities, Any advice? Really need some help thanks guys.
Reply 8
Hi! I hope it went excellent for you. I am about to have that interview as well. Could you share the questions you were asked? Thank you and good luck.
Original post by akhan1234567890
Hi I have a video interview for 2020 Graduate Program Securities Trading - Equities, Any advice? Really need some help thanks guys.

Hey mate. I've been invited to attend the video interview for Global Markets - Trading 2020. How did your interview go?
Would be helpful if you could shed some light on the question asked during the video interview and on any tips you would suggest.
Cheers.
Reply 10
Original post by MonishKhanderia
Hey mate. I've been invited to attend the video interview for Global Markets - Trading 2020. How did your interview go?
Would be helpful if you could shed some light on the question asked during the video interview and on any tips you would suggest.
Cheers.

Hi! Congratulations! I had 9 questions. They pop up one after the other and you have 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. I don't remember all of them cause I was quite nervous, but they asked about a passion I would pursue if money didn't exist, about a time when I encountered a difficult situation in a team setting, about my biggest achievement so far, about a piece of recent news. There was also a question about an investment strategy. And the last one was something along the line of 'What else would you like us to know?'.

A tip I would have for you is to make sure you answer all the little questions within the question. For example, let's say you get 'What was a time when you had issues when communicating with a colleague? How did it make you feel and what did you do to solve it?'. Make sure you don't spend way too much time to describe the situation because you won't have time to answer the following two aspects (how you felt and what you did to solve it).

Good luck!!
Original post by alan711
Hi! Congratulations! I had 9 questions. They pop up one after the other and you have 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. I don't remember all of them cause I was quite nervous, but they asked about a passion I would pursue if money didn't exist, about a time when I encountered a difficult situation in a team setting, about my biggest achievement so far, about a piece of recent news. There was also a question about an investment strategy. And the last one was something along the line of 'What else would you like us to know?'.

A tip I would have for you is to make sure you answer all the little questions within the question. For example, let's say you get 'What was a time when you had issues when communicating with a colleague? How did it make you feel and what did you do to solve it?'. Make sure you don't spend way too much time to describe the situation because you won't have time to answer the following two aspects (how you felt and what you did to solve it).

Good luck!!

Hey! Hope your VI went well!
Thanks a lot for the insight man! Appreciate it. Also, do you remember if there were any question very specific to UBS which would require us to research their company values and stuff? I would any way research them but just asking if there was any thing specific you remember?

Also, I found a list of these questions for a 2018 Trading profile at UBS. Do you recollect if these questions fell in line with your VI or are they too technical?:
-What interests do you have other than trading?
-Given the choice, using your knowledge of the current financial climate, which company would you invest in?
-What are your opinions on what the world will be like in the year 2050?
-Pick a stock of your choice, then pitch it to me.
-What sort effect might a macro event have on your stock?
-How is the risk (the Brownian motion part) constructed in HJM (Heath-Jarrow-Morton) model?
-Tell me about a recent development in the market?
-Tell me about a trend that you know of in the current market?
-To the best of your ability, define VaR.
-If 80% of Ford's sales are in Europe, what would happen to company's annual revenue if the exchange rate declined from 1.5 to 1.
To the best of your ability, define Basell III.
Reply 12
Hey! Hope your VI went well!
Thanks a lot for the insight man! Appreciate it. Also, do you remember if there were any question very specific to UBS which would require us to research their company values and stuff? I would any way research them but just asking if there was any thing specific you remember?

Also, I found a list of these questions for a 2018 Trading profile at UBS. Do you recollect if these questions fell in line with your VI or are they too technical?:
-What interests do you have other than trading?
-Given the choice, using your knowledge of the current financial climate, which company would you invest in?
-What are your opinions on what the world will be like in the year 2050?
-Pick a stock of your choice, then pitch it to me.
-What sort effect might a macro event have on your stock?
-How is the risk (the Brownian motion part) constructed in HJM (Heath-Jarrow-Morton) model?
-Tell me about a recent development in the market?
-Tell me about a trend that you know of in the current market?
-To the best of your ability, define VaR.
-If 80% of Ford's sales are in Europe, what would happen to company's annual revenue if the exchange rate declined from 1.5 to 1.
To the best of your ability, define Basell III.

Hey!

No, I didn't have any technical questions. Arre you sure these examples are for the gradute role and not for a regular role in trading? Either way, maybe these will be asked in a face to face interview but I didn't have anything similar in the video one. Regarding the company and the position, I was asked why I am interested in trading but nothing with regards to UBS. I did use the last question (which I mentioned in my previous post) to let them know why I chose UBS though.
Original post by alan711
Hey!

No, I didn't have any technical questions. Arre you sure these examples are for the gradute role and not for a regular role in trading? Either way, maybe these will be asked in a face to face interview but I didn't have anything similar in the video one. Regarding the company and the position, I was asked why I am interested in trading but nothing with regards to UBS. I did use the last question (which I mentioned in my previous post) to let them know why I chose UBS though.

Hi, mate! Thank you for your insights!!! Where have you applied to? May I ask you, did you have any of these questions: how you invest $1mil, what are the biggest risks in the industry. Do you remember what was the question asking about the investment strategy?

Thank you in advance and good luck with further steps!
Original post by alan711
Hey!

Hi Alan,

Oh wow, that is very surprising. I'm really not sure about the credibility of this source. I was only researching for tips and hints and found several interview questions and hints suggested that were on the technical side of IB. I haven't applied to a Graduate IB position before and hence the skepticism.
But it is a bit relieving to hear from you about the nature of questions not being technical at this stage. Your suggestions make a lot of sense though and thanks again! I shall try my best! (:
Reply 15
Hi Alan,

Oh wow, that is very surprising. I'm really not sure about the credibility of this source. I was only researching for tips and hints and found several interview questions and hints suggested that were on the technical side of IB. I haven't applied to a Graduate IB position before and hence the skepticism.
But it is a bit relieving to hear from you about the nature of questions not being technical at this stage. Your suggestions make a lot of sense though and thanks again! I shall try my best! (:

The best of luck!
Reply 16
Hi Alan,

Hi @MonishKhanderia

How did your VI go? Did you get similar questions to alan711? Please I would really appreciate any insight ir tips that you may have :smile: thanks in advance.

Also, @alan711 thank you so much for your valuable insights!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Hi Alan,

Hi @MonishKhanderia

How did your VI go? Did you get similar questions to alan711? Please I would really appreciate any insight ir tips that you may have :smile: thanks in advance.

Also, @alan711 thank you so much for your valuable insights!
Reply 18
Hi @MonishKhanderiaPlease how did you find your VI? Did you get similar questions to alan711? I would really appreciate any tips you may have :smile:Also, thanks @alan711 for the valuable insights!
Cheers.

Hi mate

Trying to find some real exp of people recently, got a few trading 2020 ones coming up across the board. How did UBS go for you? well?

What questions did they ask?Any tips? if you remember!

Good luck buddy!

Quick Reply

Latest