Yes, I'm doing that currently now.
Original post by Jtohunt
Yes, I'm doing that currently now.

well done!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
I want to do engineering!
Original post by Rolo1234
well done!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
I want to do engineering!

That's brilliant, where have you applied to?
Original post by Jtohunt
That's brilliant, where have you applied to?

I am still doing my GCSEs and I have chosen my A level subjects:
Maths
Economics
Physics
I am still doing my GCSEs and I have chosen my A level subjects:
Maths
Economics
Physics

Excellent! Wow you are thinking about it quite early, well done. Many of my friends were unsure of what they wanted to do, even in sixth form. They wanted to go to Uni, but were unsure of what course to do, or even what they wanted to do as a career in the future. So good on you, knowin what you want to do at this stage. Makes your choice of degree easier, it's just where you wish to study.
Original post by Jtohunt
Excellent! Wow you are thinking about it quite early, well done. Many of my friends were unsure of what they wanted to do, even in sixth form. They wanted to go to Uni, but were unsure of what course to do, or even what they wanted to do as a career in the future. So good on you, knowin what you want to do at this stage. Makes your choice of degree easier, it's just where you wish to study.

I would love to go to KCL uni because it seems good therefore I need to work hard to get AAA at A-levels and at least 6s and above in the 7 GCSEs I am doing. Thanks and good luck to you in the future, future doctor!:smile::dancing2:
I would love to go to KCL uni because it seems good therefore I need to work hard to get AAA at A-levels and at least 6s and above in the 7 GCSEs I am doing. Thanks and good luck to you in the future, future doctor!:smile::dancing2:

Thank you, I'm sure you will be a budding engineer before long. Have you looked at Imperial (ICL) as well, and what about Brunel (BUL)? Top Universities for engineering. Good luck in your GCSE's.:thumbsup:

Wow only 7 GCSE that seems a bit small compared to most other people our age
I'm also thinking of doing engineering. So I'm currently looking into extracurriculars to support my application for when I do get to it. Was thinking of the Arkwright scholarship but I think its a bit late now and the fact I haven't done DT or something doesn't help at all - I'm good at math and physics though
Original post by Peter Odugbile
Wow only 7 GCSE that seems a bit small compared to most other people our age

I have 7 GCSEs, 1 BTEC And Add maths but the thing is I have heard that GCSEs matter very little for unis but I am still going to try and get the highest grades tho. How many are you doing?
Original post by CrazyMonkey553
I have 7 GCSEs, 1 BTEC And Add maths but the thing is I have heard that GCSEs matter very little for unis but I am still going to try and get the highest grades tho. How many are you doing?

Yeah, i get what you mean tbh. I have 9 GCSEs and Im doing the FSMQ in add maths
Original post by EmmaVal
Who thinks there finding a levels much more enjoyable than gcse’s?

I think there are two sides to my answer haha. A levels are much harder than GCSE's which can perhaps make them much less enjoyable than GCSE. You will find that you don't have as much free time as you did during GCSE's. Also, it is very hard to do well in A levels by just guessing/luck like you could in GCSE. Another aspect is there is much more pressure at A level with things like university applications/grades and trying to do things extra curricular/social. However, that being said, at A level if you choose subjects you enjoy it can actually be really enjoyable. I find that the subjects I study are so interesting and that makes me enjoy going to the lessons so much more than having to go to a lesson at GCSE that I dreaded. You also get an expertise in a subject in a much more fulfilling way than at GCSE. It honestly depends on the person! Good luck with your GCSE's!
Original post by Peter Odugbile
Yeah, i get what you mean tbh. I have 9 GCSEs and Im doing the FSMQ in add maths

do you think Im at a disadvantage or something? Im not trying to go big like Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial etc. but hoping for unis like KCL, Manchester, leeds etc.
No you’re fine. Have I done any extra curricular and yet to support your future applications. - also add me on insta if u have it p.eter_04 and my numbers 07607344137
Original post by Prter2989
No you’re fine. Have I done any extra curricular and yet to support your future applications. - also add me on insta if u have it p.eter_04 and my numbers 07607344137

I have done volunteering at a local library and that is pretty much it! i need to do some. Anyways as for contact details, I dont have a phone despite in yr 11:frown: sorry!:s-smilie: Also, your saying 7 GCSEs are enough right?
Reply 35
College is so much better than high school. I've become so much more independent and also developed my social skills more. But A levels are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more complex than GCSEs. A level math is such a step up.
Original post by CrazyMonkey553
I have done volunteering at a local library and that is pretty much it! i need to do some. Anyways as for contact details, I dont have a phone despite in yr 11:frown: sorry!:s-smilie: Also, your saying 7 GCSEs are enough right?

7 GCSE's are not usually enough for some Uni's, especially the Russell Group (RG) Uni's. But of course it depends on the course you wish to do. You will be competing with applicant's doing around 10 for the most part and some 11+. You should research, the Uni's you may wish to attend and make sure you are not at a disadvantage doing just 7 GCSE's. All Uni's have a minimum of say 5 or 6 GCSE's etc, but try and find out the statistics of the average amount of those that receive offers, at those particular uni's for the course you wish to do, and those that actually get a place at the said Uni's. That will be a more realistic guide of what you may need.
Original post by Jtohunt
7 GCSE's are not usually enough for some Uni's, especially the Russell Group (RG) Uni's. But of course it depends on the course you wish to do. You will be competing with applicant's doing around 10 for the most part and some 11+. You should research, the Uni's you may wish to attend and make sure you are not at a disadvantage doing just 7 GCSE's. All Uni's have a minimum of say 5 or 6 GCSE's etc, but try and find out the statistics of the average amount of those that receive offers, at those particular uni's for the course you wish to do, and those that actually get a place at the said Uni's. That will be a more realistic guide of what you may need.

Lets say I get 4 8's, 2 7's 1 6, 1 distinction, and 1 B in add maths with an A level prediction of AAA would I stand a chance for engineering at the majority of Russell Group unis?
Original post by EmmaVal
Who thinks there finding a levels much more enjoyable than gcse’s?

In GCSE's I just messed around the entire time, even up to my last exam I didnt work hard but now for a levels I actually have to pay attention in lessons and do homework. I really prefer GCSE's

Quick Reply

Latest