The Student Room Group

how to learn Computer Science at 21 with no GCSEs?

Due to unfortunate family circumstances I was unable to do my GCSEs and never really learned how the school system worked beyond the standard GCSE>A Levels > Uni, someone recently mentioned points and I honestly felt too ashamed to say I didn't understand their explanation.

I was hoping someone here could provide some insight into the educational system and how I could progress from here to a CS degree.
Original post by TristanCarey
Due to unfortunate family circumstances I was unable to do my GCSEs and never really learned how the school system worked beyond the standard GCSE>A Levels > Uni, someone recently mentioned points and I honestly felt too ashamed to say I didn't understand their explanation.

I was hoping someone here could provide some insight into the educational system and how I could progress from here to a CS degree.

Hey! It's amazing you want to get back into education and looking at studying CS! Without GCSE's it's likely to be a bit more complicated/take some extra time as you may need to still sit the core exams. Do you have any experience that you could put towards starting the degree? There are also foundation years (FY) available (Example here) but they do still require some level of qualifications, but not always a level 3 (A Level/Extended Diploma). An overview of how a FY can work can also be found here, it may different between institutions though so always worth checking.

- Luke
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending