The Student Room Group

Grades

I have been given my first mock paper back for the first ever English mock I've done... We done 1,2,3 and 5 on paper 1..and I got 4/4, 5/8,5/8 and 17/24 and 11/16 its 42 marks out of 60 which Im buzzing about but what grade would that get if it were the actual exam?
Original post by Strach2k
I have been given my first mock paper back for the first ever English mock I've done... We done 1,2,3 and 5 on paper 1..and I got 4/4, 5/8,5/8 and 17/24 and 11/16 its 42 marks out of 60 which Im buzzing about but what grade would that get if it were the actual exam?

This depends on the exam board. If you know which unit/number the paper was and which exam series (I would assume either 2019 or 2018) then have a go at Googling the grade boundaries for that exam series (eg AQA GCSE grade boundaries 2019), click on the PDF from the exam board website then scroll down to English and the correct paper to see.
Reply 2
Original post by Mona123456
This depends on the exam board. If you know which unit/number the paper was and which exam series (I would assume either 2019 or 2018) then have a go at Googling the grade boundaries for that exam series (eg AQA GCSE grade boundaries 2019), click on the PDF from the exam board website then scroll down to English and the correct paper to see.

It's aqa November 2017
You got 70 percent so if that was aqa i would say using June 2019 grade boundaries a 6 or maybe a scraped 7
Reply 4
What does that equate to in A to c? I haven't been at school for 20 years
What does that equate to in A to c? I haven't been at school for 20 years

6=B 7=A
Reply 6
Sorry so it's definetley a b possibly an a?
It's aqa November 2017

These should be the grade boundaries, but you might need to scale your mark if you only did part of a paper:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUN-2017.PDF
Reply 8
42/60 is the same as 56/80. It's 70%. If you were able to maintain that over the whole paper, it would be a grade 7 using last year's boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending