The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort VS Bradford

I would like to know what is the best choice?
MSc. Pharmaceutical Quality by Design at De Montfort or MSc. Pharmaceutical Technology and Medicines control at Bradford in contrast with industry links, industrial visits, pharmaceutical reseach facilities and teaching. Can anyone please help me..?
Original post by MsJay
MSc. Pharmaceutical Quality by Design at De Montfort or MSc. Pharmaceutical Technology and Medicines control at Bradford in contrast with industry links, industrial visits, pharmaceutical reseach facilities and teaching. Can anyone please help me..?

Bradford is likely the better choice....especially for industry links, as it has a triple accredited business school. De Montfort is a horrible university...surely you could have found some other universities, with similar entry requirements for your Master's, likely a final degree to start a career with!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you..😊I want to know about the pharmacy school. Is it the same as business school?
huddersfield is another decent choice
Reply 4
Original post by zizaabmissan
huddersfield is another decent choice

Thank you.😊
Are you doing pharmacy at Huddersfield?
Reply 5
Original post by MsJay
Thank you..😊I want to know about the pharmacy school. Is it the same as business school?

Also I want to know about the university of Bradford. I have seen often in forums that Bradford city is very unsafe and dangerous. I want to know whether it is that bad as mentioned.🤔
Original post by MsJay
Also I want to know about the university of Bradford. I have seen often in forums that Bradford city is very unsafe and dangerous. I want to know whether it is that bad as mentioned.🤔

That is pure bull****. I live in bradford and its completely safe unless you go looking for trouble and gangs etc. The majority of crimes in bradford are drug related so theres nothin to worry bput
Reply 7
Original post by zizaabmissan
That is pure bull****. I live in bradford and its completely safe unless you go looking for trouble and gangs etc. The majority of crimes in bradford are drug related so theres nothin to worry bput

Okay..Thank you.That is good to know and clarifying that made my heart at ease.
Original post by MsJay

no, obviously not...but good business school ties...means good ties with industry...pharmaceutical employers are big businesses. You wanted industry links. Bradford is a better choice then De Montfort, if you want to go there...then go. Leicester probably has more crime and a worse reputation then Bradford as far as living goes.
Reply 9
Original post by Realitysreflexx
no, obviously not...but good business school ties...means good ties with industry...pharmaceutical employers are big businesses. You wanted industry links. Bradford is a better choice then De Montfort, if you want to go there...then go. Leicester probably has more crime and a worse reputation then Bradford as far as living goes.

I didn’t get what you have meant by your reply..did you mean Bradford has more pharmaceutical industry links than De Montfort..?
Original post by MsJay
I didn’t get what you have meant by your reply..did you mean Bradford has more pharmaceutical industry links than De Montfort..?

exactly...but once again that isn't saying alot, as De Montfort is likely in the top 10 worst uni's in the UK.
Reply 11
Original post by Realitysreflexx
exactly...but once again that isn't saying alot, as De Montfort is likely in the top 10 worst uni's in the UK.

If Bradford is having most pharmaceutical industry links choosing Bradford will be the best decision. Thank you..😊
Original post by MsJay

De Montfort is a great uni. It’s better for some courses than others. It’s a blend of different courses so you meet different types of unique people. Additionally, it got voted gold credited for teaching and framework which not many universities achieve so I doubt it’s one of the worse unis. It’s very multi cultural and has great, modern facilities and placement opportunities. The staff are fab, the library facilities are very accessible. There is a lot of support offered here, and has a vibrant atmosphere which other universities like Bradford may lack. I would book an open day see how you feel, do not listen to one opinion but choose what you feel is right from your heart. I have studied here myself after going to many open days, De Montfort has a a lot to offer the atmosphere,support, teaching and facilities. De Montfort is a new university but does have great external links and there constantly expanding the campus, modernising and make it a great place to study. I might be bias but I haven’t regretted it all. It’s not always about the course itself it’s also other things to consider like the university atmosphere, a lot of university’s are just a name.
Original post by Anonymous
De Montfort is a great uni. It’s better for some courses than others. It’s a blend of different courses so you meet different types of unique people. Additionally, it got voted gold credited for teaching and framework which not many universities achieve so I doubt it’s one of the worse unis. It’s very multi cultural and has great, modern facilities and placement opportunities. The staff are fab, the library facilities are very accessible. There is a lot of support offered here, and has a vibrant atmosphere which other universities like Bradford may lack. I would book an open day see how you feel, do not listen to one opinion but choose what you feel is right from your heart. I have studied here myself after going to many open days, De Montfort has a a lot to offer the atmosphere,support, teaching and facilities. De Montfort is a new university but does have great external links and there constantly expanding the campus, modernising and make it a great place to study. I might be bias but I haven’t regretted it all. It’s not always about the course itself it’s also other things to consider like the university atmosphere, a lot of university’s are just a name.

DMU ranked in top 50 universities in the world for sustainability

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending