The Student Room Group

What should I do before September? Anything related to nursing?

Hello everyone,

Recently, I have realised that nursing is the profession for me. I was even further convinced ever since I started volunteering at the dementia ward in the local hospital. I have researched the degree in several London unis and what I really like is that it will be very hands on and practical, which is also how I learn the best.

I have the Access to Science diploma (with full marks!) which the unis I want to apply to are fine with.

Here's the thing: I realised that I want to do nursing quite late and I won't have time to submit by the deadline, especially with the reference. I was thinking that I could go for Clearing in the summer, by then I will get my PS and ref sorted out!

I would like to ask if there is anything I can do to boost my UCAS by the summer? I wasn't able to find any good January start courses, I just want to study towards something related to nursing so I can get back into the studying mode. I am currently working a weekend job and I volunteer at the dementia ward once a week (already arranged another volunteer placement at another hospital which will start soon!).

Any advice?

TLDR; are there any courses or work I can apply for this month that will boost my application for adult nursing during Clearing?
Reply 1
Original post by justaquicksecond
Hello everyone,

Recently, I have realised that nursing is the profession for me. I was even further convinced ever since I started volunteering at the dementia ward in the local hospital. I have researched the degree in several London unis and what I really like is that it will be very hands on and practical, which is also how I learn the best.

I have the Access to Science diploma (with full marks!) which the unis I want to apply to are fine with.

Here's the thing: I realised that I want to do nursing quite late and I won't have time to submit by the deadline, especially with the reference. I was thinking that I could go for Clearing in the summer, by then I will get my PS and ref sorted out!

I would like to ask if there is anything I can do to boost my UCAS by the summer? I wasn't able to find any good January start courses, I just want to study towards something related to nursing so I can get back into the studying mode. I am currently working a weekend job and I volunteer at the dementia ward once a week (already arranged another volunteer placement at another hospital which will start soon!).

Any advice?

TLDR; are there any courses or work I can apply for this month that will boost my application for adult nursing during Clearing?

Still have a couple days, call your departement matron or sister or nurse where you do volunteer, im working in dementia team in the hospital, i love it, i work in many wards as well because im in dementia team, was lovely to know people from other wards, sometimes they dont want me to leave the ward and encourage me to do nursing degrees.
Good luck, hope you can submitt your application soon
Original post by Marina_w
Still have a couple days, call your departement matron or sister or nurse where you do volunteer, im working in dementia team in the hospital, i love it, i work in many wards as well because im in dementia team, was lovely to know people from other wards, sometimes they dont want me to leave the ward and encourage me to do nursing degrees.
Good luck, hope you can submitt your application soon

Thank you! I will ask if there is a chance to spend time in other wards.
Bump!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending