The Student Room Group

Cambridge Sixth Form Law Conference 2020

Hi,

I am a Year 12 that has applied for the 2020 Conference. Has anyone heard back yet? Also when did everyone apply?

Thanks
Original post by dowbt
Hi,

I am a Year 12 that has applied for the 2020 Conference. Has anyone heard back yet? Also when did everyone apply?

Thanks

My daughter applied for a place but hasn't heard back yet. I don't think she is very hopeful as she applied quite late (mid Nov).
Original post by ttomato
I also applied, but I think I applied relatively late (Mid- December). They don’t have any academic requirements so I think it might be run on a first-come first-serve basis. I haven’t heard anything back :frown:

I think places are allocated broadly on a first come, first served basis - but they try to have a maximum of two students from any one school/college.
Reply 3
I applied straight away when applications opened so fingers crossed 🤞🏽🤞🏽it would be such a good experience
Original post by dowbt
I applied straight away when applications opened so fingers crossed 🤞🏽🤞🏽it would be such a good experience

Hopefully you should get a place...I know my daughter will be very disappointed if she doesn't. It sounds like a great experience for anyone who has an interest in studying law. Guess it will be (hugely) oversubscribed, just a shame they can't take everyone.
Reply 5
Yes it is- I wish the best of luck for her! I think they should do it twice a year as it so popular!
Original post by dowbt
Yes it is- I wish the best of luck for her! I think they should do it twice a year as it so popular!

Unfortunately my daughter hasn't got a place.... she is bitterly disappointed especially as she is unlikely to be offered UNIQ/Sutton Trust because of where we live/postcode and the fact that her dad and I both went to uni etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending