The Student Room Group

PGCE Interview Birmingham City and Wolverhampton

I've been invited to attend PGCE interviews at Birmingham City University and Wolverhampton University, but I'm really nervous, and I really want to get on the course. Has anyone gone through the process at these institutions, and what should I expect?
Reply 1
Original post by jemmabond
I've been invited to attend PGCE interviews at Birmingham City University and Wolverhampton University, but I'm really nervous, and I really want to get on the course. Has anyone gone through the process at these institutions, and what should I expect?

I attended an interview at Birmingham City University in December, first there was a presentation about the overall course, then we had to do a written test based on the dfe teachers standards, which assesses your grammar and written english and afterwards we were split into two groups and we had to participate in a assessed discussion on our tables regarding the teachers standards and how different methods of teaching works and at the end there was a 25 minute one-one interview with a teacher. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful and they did not provide me with any feedback.

I attended an interview at Wolverhampton university last week Wednesday, we listened to a presentation first, then we had to complete a maths test and written test, whilst being called for interviews at the same time. They gave me a conditional offer two days later.
Reply 2
Congratulations! Out of interest, what type of questions should one expect during the interview?
Hi @jemmabond!

Congratulations on your invite to interview!

It's understandable to be nervous, but to lend a hand, we've put together some guidance to give you an idea of how to prepare and what to expect here.

Good luck!

Chloe - BCU Team
Reply 4
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi @jemmabond!

Congratulations on your invite to interview!

It's understandable to be nervous, but to lend a hand, we've put together some guidance to give you an idea of how to prepare and what to expect here.

Good luck!

Chloe - BCU Team

Thanks Chloe, but there's a problem. I was on night duty in Stourbridge yesterday (I couldn't turn down the work due to dire straits), and this morning I waited ages for a bus. My plan was to snooze for an hour before making my way to BCU, but unfortunately I slept through my alarm. It's probably too late now, but is there a chance my interview could be rescheduled? Thank you.
Thanks Chloe, but there's a problem. I was on night duty in Stourbridge yesterday (I couldn't turn down the work due to dire straits), and this morning I waited ages for a bus. My plan was to snooze for an hour before making my way to BCU, but unfortunately I slept through my alarm. It's probably too late now, but is there a chance my interview could be rescheduled? Thank you.

Hi Jemma,

Sorry to hear about that! If you'd like to rearrange your interview, the best thing to do would be to get in touch with our admissions team who can try and help you out. Our Education and Teacher Training Admissions team can be contacted on 0121 331 6371.

Chloe - BCU Team
Reply 6
Original post by missat
I attended an interview at Birmingham City University in December, first there was a presentation about the overall course, then we had to do a written test based on the dfe teachers standards, which assesses your grammar and written english and afterwards we were split into two groups and we had to participate in a assessed discussion on our tables regarding the teachers standards and how different methods of teaching works and at the end there was a 25 minute one-one interview with a teacher. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful and they did not provide me with any feedback.

I attended an interview at Wolverhampton university last week Wednesday, we listened to a presentation first, then we had to complete a maths test and written test, whilst being called for interviews at the same time. They gave me a conditional offer two days later.

I've accepted my conditional offer at Wolverhampton. Did you?
Reply 7
I've accepted my conditional offer at Wolverhampton. Did you?

I've accepted an offer at the University of Birmingham, so I've had to decline my offer at Wolverhampton, hope you enjoy it there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending