The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Literature Coursework

Hi!

I'm currently in year 12 and I know it's probably a bit early to be worrying about coursework, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas they could share. :smile:

For our exam board we have to write 2500-3000 words on two texts of our choice and compare the two, but I don't have a clue where to even begin when it comes to picking the two texts.

Any suggestions/examples would be amazing! <3
Y

Original post by moonacre
Hi!

I'm currently in year 12 and I know it's probably a bit early to be worrying about coursework, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas they could share. :smile:

For our exam board we have to write 2500-3000 words on two texts of our choice and compare the two, but I don't have a clue where to even begin when it comes to picking the two texts.

Any suggestions/examples would be amazing! <3

My exam board was AQA but the key basic concepts are the same.

IMO You're best to pick your question / topic that you are going to be interested enough in to talk about for 3000 words and then select two appropriate texts based on that - that way you know you definitely aren't stretching to find the ideas as your texts have been purposefully chosen.
My coursework was about power in human nature with a particular focus on social class and gender - my 19th century novel was Oliver Twist and my modern text was The Collector by John Fowles.
Reply 2
Original post by FrancescaC2000
Y

My exam board was AQA but the key basic concepts are the same.

IMO You're best to pick your question / topic that you are going to be interested enough in to talk about for 3000 words and then select two appropriate texts based on that - that way you know you definitely aren't stretching to find the ideas as your texts have been purposefully chosen.
My coursework was about power in human nature with a particular focus on social class and gender - my 19th century novel was Oliver Twist and my modern text was The Collector by John Fowles.

that's so helpful, thank you so much!!! that's such a good point, i think it'll definitely be better if i pick an idea/theme first and then focus on the texts. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending