The Student Room Group

Hi I need help studying

I’m a bit confused about how to study I’m not very got at just settling down and studying. How do you guys study. With music? Saying it out loud?
Original post by thisgirlagainugh
I’m a bit confused about how to study I’m not very got at just settling down and studying. How do you guys study. With music? Saying it out loud?

When I make revision resources (flashcards and notes), I usually have YouTube videos playing in the background and when it comes to genuinely learning the content, I usually say it out loud and then I pretend to teach a class (weird I know) and then I explain it to other people who are unaware of the topic.
And after I know the content itself, I start on topics tests. Hope I helped :smile:.
Reply 2

Hi, so I am also confused with revising and stuff but I find that revising with music distracts me, however I know some people that revise with music when studying a certain topic and when they hear that song they think of the topic. Also, I would go on seneca if you don't want hardcore revision. Do loads of practice papers and mark them. My teachers are also obsessed with Cornell note taking which I was very against at first but now I have tried it and it is actually quite helpful.
Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar
When I make revision resources (flashcards and notes), I usually have YouTube videos playing in the background and when it comes to genuinely learning the content, I usually say it out loud and then I pretend to teach a class (weird I know) and then I explain it to other people who are unaware of the topic.
And after I know the content itself, I start on topics tests. Hope I helped :smile:.

Thanks I’ll try and see if it works for me 🙂
Original post by fitzy04
Hi, so I am also confused with revising and stuff but I find that revising with music distracts me, however I know some people that revise with music when studying a certain topic and when they hear that song they think of the topic. Also, I would go on seneca if you don't want hardcore revision. Do loads of practice papers and mark them. My teachers are also obsessed with Cornell note taking which I was very against at first but now I have tried it and it is actually quite helpful.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂
Reply 5
Use Maths Genie and do practice papers for Maths and also take notes from FREESCIENCELESSONS for Science.
Reply 6
Original post by Oluwadamilooolaa

Teaching what you've learnt to someone else helps rehearsal l, so less likely to forget.

do 20 mins session and between every session have a 5 min break.

Hi there @thisgirlagainugh

I found I could revise easier once I discovered what type of learner I was after taking a VARK questionnaire. I could then use techniques that helped me revise effectively.

It's also important to remember not to over do the revision sessions. Keep them to 40mins then take 20 mins off.

Fi :horse:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending