The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Is Sheffield Hallam University good for undergraduate engineering programs

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm actually willing to know if Sheffield Hallam University is good for engineering programs because I'm going for the Mechatronics Engineering undergra course in SHU.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thank you and regards,
Z
Original post by M.Zayan
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm actually willing to know if Sheffield Hallam University is good for engineering programs because I'm going for the Mechatronics Engineering undergra course in SHU.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thank you and regards,
Z

Hi @M.Zayan ,

I don't study this course myself so I can't offer much advice on the course specifically, however, if you would like to chat to another student currently studying at Hallam, you can do so here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/student-chat
There may be a student on there who can better answer your questions about the course itself, assessments/exams etc!

What I would say is that in my opinion, Hallam is a great university in general, from my experience everyone has been very friendly and willing to help you if you need it. You get assigned tutors who can help you with different things if you need it which I have found very helpful if I have questions that I need answering or if I need help with assignments. The other students I have met are all friendly too and in my classes everyone works together to help each other if it is needed.

There are also lots of great societies if you are interested in this. I would recommend looking online before you come at the list of different societies that are offered as there are lots and it can be overwhelming sometimes! Most societies have great socials too which are really fun and a great way to meet people.

I would also recommend coming to our applicant open day if you can which we have coming up if you are an offer holder. It's a great way to meet other applicants, look at the campus and accommodation if you haven't already and you may be able to ask some questions about the engineering courses here too! Here is the link for this: https://www.shu.ac.uk/visit-us/undergraduate-applicant-open-days

I hope some of this helps!

Lucy -SHU student ambassador.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi @M.Zayan ,
I don't study this course myself so I can't offer much advice on the course specifically, however, if you would like to chat to another student currently studying at Hallam, you can do so here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/student-chat
There may be a student on there who can better answer your questions about the course itself, assessments/exams etc!
What I would say is that in my opinion, Hallam is a great university in general, from my experience everyone has been very friendly and willing to help you if you need it. You get assigned tutors who can help you with different things if you need it which I have found very helpful if I have questions that I need answering or if I need help with assignments. The other students I have met are all friendly too and in my classes everyone works together to help each other if it is needed.
There are also lots of great societies if you are interested in this. I would recommend looking online before you come at the list of different societies that are offered as there are lots and it can be overwhelming sometimes! Most societies have great socials too which are really fun and a great way to meet people.
I would also recommend coming to our applicant open day if you can which we have coming up if you are an offer holder. It's a great way to meet other applicants, look at the campus and accommodation if you haven't already and you may be able to ask some questions about the engineering courses here too! Here is the link for this: https://www.shu.ac.uk/visit-us/undergraduate-applicant-open-days
I hope some of this helps!
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

I'm an international student so attending open days are hard unless there are any webinars coming up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending