The Student Room Group

Previous unfinished study and funding for different course

I have been to university twice and never completed first year. I had to leave due to illness and would now like to go back to university to study psychology, with foundation year. I’m just wondering - would I be able to get funding for this course without needing the letter from a professional explaining my situation at those times, or would I need the supporting evidence in order to get the loans for the course?
Original post by Jessykarose1992
I have been to university twice and never completed first year. I had to leave due to illness and would now like to go back to university to study psychology, with foundation year. I’m just wondering - would I be able to get funding for this course without needing the letter from a professional explaining my situation at those times, or would I need the supporting evidence in order to get the loans for the course?

Hi there, How many years is the new course? Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, How many years is the new course? Thanks, Angela

Hi it’s a 3 year course, and then there’s the extra year for foundation year, which I would be looking to do either that or an access course before the 3 year course. Thanks
Hi it’s a 3 year course, and then there’s the extra year for foundation year, which I would be looking to do either that or an access course before the 3 year course. Thanks

Hi there, Is the foundation year not a part of the course? Thanks, Angela
Hi there, Is the foundation year not a part of the course? Thanks, Angela

Hi yes it is, but there’s a course without the foundation year as well, I’m still undecided whether to do the foundation year or an access course. Could you possibly please tell me if I’d be entitled to the funding, for both scenarios.
Hi yes it is, but there’s a course without the foundation year as well, I’m still undecided whether to do the foundation year or an access course. Could you possibly please tell me if I’d be entitled to the funding, for both scenarios.

Hi there, The way that we would calculate any entitlement available is as follows:
New course length (4) plus 1 additional year = 5 years of full funding - minus any previous study (2 years) - equals remaining full entitlement of 3 years, this would be applied to years 2,3 and 4. Hope this helps. Thanks, Angela
Hi there, The way that we would calculate any entitlement available is as follows:
New course length (4) plus 1 additional year = 5 years of full funding - minus any previous study (2 years) - equals remaining full entitlement of 3 years, this would be applied to years 2,3 and 4. Hope this helps. Thanks, Angela

Thank you, am I right in thinking that if I can get a letter from a professional to explain my situation both of those times, I could potentially get the finance for the full course?
Thank you, am I right in thinking that if I can get a letter from a professional to explain my situation both of those times, I could potentially get the finance for the full course?

Hi there, Yes, we can consider Compelling Personal Reasons for your previous study so we can award full funding. Thanks, Angela

Thank you
Thank you

Hi there, You are more than welcome, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending