The Student Room Group
Insurance quotes online are free to make. Look at a comparison website. There's no point asking because too many factors go into this for anyone to give you a reliable estimate.

But it would be closer to 2k than 1k.
Probably astronomical. At least £2k but depends where you live. If it's London it'll probably be well over £3/4k.
Reply 3
The crystal ball says......

We don't know, check yourself by running quotes, we can't answer this for you.
It depends on which 1 Series you're buying. The insurance on a 116i is reasonable. The insurance on a 135i will be much more expensive. Another thing to consider is reliability, because some engines are more reliable than others. Avoid the 4-cylinder diesel engine versions (116d, 118d, 120d, 123d), because they have weak timing chains- and they're at the back of the engine, meaning that to change them before they snap, the engine has to be removed. Very expensive job to do.And you should probably avoid the 135i- they're great fun to drive, but they have turbocharger problems, and issues with carbon build-up.The best 1 Series variant is the 125i and 130i- they both use the same engine- and are very reliable. Just remember though- any modern (post-1980s) BMW has a plastic cooling system, so you want to replace the cooling hoses after 60-80k miles- to prevent them from leaking.
Consider pass+ as well
(edited 4 years ago)
Hideous vehicle, why so many people buy this car is beyond me, complete vanity move.
Reply 7
Original post by Andyhahaha
Consider pass+ as well

What a complete waste of money.
Original post by IWMTom
What a complete waste of money.

You get discount on insurance

Now that they put those little black boxes in, which are a scam, they don't give discounts on pass plus at all anymore.
Reply 10

Hardly.

Very few insurers actually offer a discount for it anymore, and those that do are either not offering a discount substantial enough to justify the initial outlay, or simply aren't competitively priced to begin with.

Pass Plus hasn't been recommended from an insurance point of view for years now.
Look online at second hand sales to find an example similar to what you are aiming for then make a note of its registration number- use it in price comparison sites.

Latest

Trending

Trending