The Student Room Group

Oxbridge reapplications?

Hey, i'm a year 13 thinking of taking a gap yahh (i hope you said it in a posh voice to yourself in your head). I didn't rlly care when i got rejected bc i know i'm a sick applicant and a smart, hardworking person (which is hard for me to say bc i'm insecure lolzz) so it didn't impact my self image much but i'm low key getting fomo now bc i loved the uni i applied to so much and i can really see myself at Ox or Bridge and it's kinda hard to get far in my chosen career path without having a clouty uni (esp bc i don't have a london uni offer to redeem me) so this is all a bit awks, so i've been thinking of reapplying if i don't get my london uni offer, but on the other hand - it's easier to get a first at one of my other unis then i can do an postgrad at one of Oxbridge, anyone in the same situation? anyone been in this situation and has some wisdom to bestow?
I did reapply to Oxford on a gap year after having been rejected in Year 13, and I now have an offer for Chemistry for 2020 entry. I would advise against taking a year out solely to reapply to Oxbridge if you’re happy to go to any of the other places you have offers from. It sounds cheap of me to say, but I had to take a gap year for medical reasons so I figured there was no harm in me applying again this year. Whereas if you take a year out specifically for it and don’t get an offer, I imagine it would be pretty crushing
Original post by SkyRunner61
I did reapply to Oxford on a gap year after having been rejected in Year 13, and I now have an offer for Chemistry for 2020 entry. I would advise against taking a year out solely to reapply to Oxbridge if you’re happy to go to any of the other places you have offers from. It sounds cheap of me to say, but I had to take a gap year for medical reasons so I figured there was no harm in me applying again this year. Whereas if you take a year out specifically for it and don’t get an offer, I imagine it would be pretty crushing

Just an unrelated Q but which college did u apply to? I reapplied in my gap year ( for Chemistry) but decided not to accept and go ICL as my college was kinda whack.
Reply 3
Yeah I have a few friends who want to reapply just for Oxbridge who i constantly question about it bc it’s so risky but my plan is to reapply to 5 ‘aspirational’ unis if I get like 4 A*s or 3 A*s and an A just bc I have a few regrets about my choices this year, like I like them but I reckon I played it too safe so it would be cool to be like oh I got rejected from Ox this yr but hey at least i’m going to LSE.
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Just an unrelated Q but which college did u apply to? I reapplied in my gap year ( for Chemistry) but decided not to accept and go ICL as my college was kinda whack.

What college did you get?
Original post by Anonymous
What college did you get?

Queens.
Queens.

Lol queens is so nice. Feel like you are trolling here and didn’t get an oxford offer. You can’t have rejected it because ‘queens was kinda whack’ as it is literally peng lol
Lol queens is so nice. Feel like you are trolling here and didn’t get an oxford offer. You can’t have rejected it because ‘queens was kinda whack’ as it is literally peng lol

First off when I had interviews there it explicitly said we had to stand to say grace b4 eating dinner. It's kinda against my religion so I found that weird. They then said we had to give our keys in for are rooms no later than 10.30am. I had an interview around 2.40pm at another college. What was I to do for 4+hours. The helpers were **** and I didn't like the vibe of the place. U might like it but imo it's kinda snobby. Just my opinion.
First off when I had interviews there it explicitly said we had to stand to say grace b4 eating dinner. It's kinda against my religion so I found that weird. They then said we had to give our keys in for are rooms no later than 10.30am. I had an interview around 2.40pm at another college. What was I to do for 4+hours. The helpers were **** and I didn't like the vibe of the place. U might like it but imo it's kinda snobby. Just my opinion.

Fair enough. The grace thing is pretty uncalled for - they shouldn’t make people do that. I’m not sure of any other college that does that tbf- most are quite progressive now.
Fair enough. The grace thing is pretty uncalled for - they shouldn’t make people do that. I’m not sure of any other college that does that tbf- most are quite progressive now.

Yeah that was my point. That's y I'd rather go ICL. But I'll reapply for post grad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending