The Student Room Group

Vodafone Tech Graduate Scheme 2020

Hey, has anyone applied for the Vodafone Tech Graduate Scheme. I've been invited to attend the AC mid Feb.
Has anyone already attend an AC and has any feedback on how it went. I want to be prepared. Vodafone has just given me two basic links about AC in general.
Original post by bhavik1497
Hey, has anyone applied for the Vodafone Tech Graduate Scheme. I've been invited to attend the AC mid Feb.
Has anyone already attend an AC and has any feedback on how it went. I want to be prepared. Vodafone has just given me two basic links about AC in general.

What date is this ac & did they say if they are running more AC or was this the only slot they gave you
to attend?
Reply 2
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What date is this ac & did they say if they are running more AC or was this the only slot they gave you
to attend?

I was told that they wasn't running any more ac after Friday. I'm guessing that's only for the tech grad role. I was given a set day.
Reply 3
I was told that they wasn't running any more ac after Friday. I'm guessing that's only for the tech grad role. I was given a set day.

The date is this Friday
Reply 4

The date is this Friday

I’ve applied for the tech grad scheme with Vodafone too but my AC is tomorrow
Reply 5
Original post by ell4
I’ve applied for the tech grad scheme with Vodafone too but my AC is tomorrow

Ahh, I was invited to the Thursday one but wasn't able to attend, so the next and only one available (according to Vodafone's grad support) was Friday. Wishing you all the best and hope it goes well for you :smile:. Do let me know what you did for that day.
Reply 6
Ahh, I was invited to the Thursday one but wasn't able to attend, so the next and only one available (according to Vodafone's grad support) was Friday. Wishing you all the best and hope it goes well for you :smile:. Do let me know what you did for that day.

Oh no way! Good luck, I hope it goes well for you 😄

And thank you so much! I will do! Have you checked Glassdoor out? It’s a great way to find out what happens on the day and to get an insight. I’ll let you know what happens on the day!
Reply 7
Original post by ell4

And thank you so much! I will do! Have you checked Glassdoor out? It’s a great way to find out what happens on the day and to get an insight. I’ll let you know what happens on the day!

yeah, I've had a look at glassdoor, just wanted to make sure that if whiteboard programming questions were asked, are we allowed to pick our language. For what I've understood is that we need to be ourselves like we're around our uni friends. Anyways, Good luck and be sure to ask for feedback.

Edit: keep your receipts as they do refund travel cost as long as it's above 25 miles to travel there and back
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ell4

How did it go?
Did you get any feedback?
And what questions did they ask you?
(edited 4 years ago)

Hi! I've got a couple Tech Graduate AC's coming up (first ones i've ever done) i wanted to know how your one with Vodafone went? what sort of group exercises and presentations did they want from you... totally in the dark with this so would love some idea of what to expect (can barely find any AC help surround Tech roles) also how did yours go yourself! thanks in advance
Reply 10
Original post by ComingThrough22
Hi! I've got a couple Tech Graduate AC's coming up (first ones i've ever done) i wanted to know how your one with Vodafone went? what sort of group exercises and presentations did they want from you... totally in the dark with this so would love some idea of what to expect (can barely find any AC help surround Tech roles) also how did yours go yourself! thanks in advance

Hey,

First of all I just want to say congrats on making it this far through the process! I currently work for Vodafone on the tech grad scheme and it’s been highly competitive this year. I’m aware that they have changed their assessment centre this year and it’s held virtually now due to covid (before this you’d be invited to the office in Newbury).

The set up is still similar to that of last years (which I did) and consisted of a group exercise, individual presentation with questions and an individual interview. You get given all of the information beforehand so you don’t need to have any prior knowledge to complete the tasks. I’d highly recommend doing research on Vodafone as a business, what they’re currently doing in the market, recent product launches and generally why you want to work for Vodafone and what you can bring to the company.

I hope this somewhat helps but let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck! :-)
Original post by ell4
Hey,

First of all I just want to say congrats on making it this far through the process! I currently work for Vodafone on the tech grad scheme and it’s been highly competitive this year. I’m aware that they have changed their assessment centre this year and it’s held virtually now due to covid (before this you’d be invited to the office in Newbury).

The set up is still similar to that of last years (which I did) and consisted of a group exercise, individual presentation with questions and an individual interview. You get given all of the information beforehand so you don’t need to have any prior knowledge to complete the tasks. I’d highly recommend doing research on Vodafone as a business, what they’re currently doing in the market, recent product launches and generally why you want to work for Vodafone and what you can bring to the company.

I hope this somewhat helps but let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck! :-)

Thankyou so much! i DM'd you if thats okay! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest