The Student Room Group

Probation Officer 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I wanted slots for the London assessment centre and the only available ones are in Wakefield. Proper gutted as I don’t even know if that length of journey is worth it? Bearing in mind I submitted my assessment slot 6 hours after they sent it to me ;( I phoned up and they basically said oh well I didn’t book quick enough.
Original post by Crimzm
I wanted slots for the London assessment centre and the only available ones are in Wakefield. Proper gutted as I don’t even know if that length of journey is worth it? Bearing in mind I submitted my assessment slot 6 hours after they sent it to me ;( I phoned up and they basically said oh well I didn’t book quick enough.

Is there not any closer to home for you?!
I know it’s an incredibly long trip, but if it’s a job you desperately want, i would suggest just making the trip on this one occasion.
Or try phoning up middle of this week to see if there is anything available that is closer for you. 😌
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 62
When I first called they said there isn’t anything closer. I called back and the man I spoke to advised me to keep calling and checking for cancellations so that’s what I’m going to try and do. Exactly! I really want this job but my worry is reimbursements for the cost of travelling that far and also the thought of how gutted I’d be if I don’t get it ☹️ But either way I’m definitely going to go!
Original post by Crimzm
When I first called they said there isn’t anything closer. I called back and the man I spoke to advised me to keep calling and checking for cancellations so that’s what I’m going to try and do. Exactly! I really want this job but my worry is reimbursements for the cost of travelling that far and also the thought of how gutted I’d be if I don’t get it ☹️ But either way I’m definitely going to go!

Just keep phoning. You never know! Something might come up 😌 I have a 2 hour journey to my assessment centre because there isn’t anything closer to home either. But the same as with you, I’ll keep phoning to see for cancellations etc, if not I’ll just attend the one I’m booked in on! Where is it your travelling from?
Oh don’t think like that! Have a positive mind! You have just as much of a chance of being successful than everyone else who is there on the day! Just remain positive and do your best - that’s all you can do. And if you are unsuccessful this time round, nothing stops you from applying again! 😌
Anyine else at assessment centre on 4th March in London?
I’m 24th at Wakefield. I’m glad I waited to submit my dates as I live up north and they weren’t available when my invite came in.

Keep ringing - they may still release more venues!
Reply 66
Original post by jademichaela
Just keep phoning. You never know! Something might come up 😌 I have a 2 hour journey to my assessment centre because there isn’t anything closer to home either. But the same as with you, I’ll keep phoning to see for cancellations etc, if not I’ll just attend the one I’m booked in on! Where is it your travelling from?
Oh don’t think like that! Have a positive mind! You have just as much of a chance of being successful than everyone else who is there on the day! Just remain positive and do your best - that’s all you can do. And if you are unsuccessful this time round, nothing stops you from applying again! 😌

Awww thank you for the positivity!! I was initially travelling from London to Wakefield but I recently got a call saying there was a cancellation! Totally shocked because I really didn’t think there would be any cancellations!

Hope you get a cancellation slot as well! When you next call up ask if you can get put on a waiting list. I think that really helped! :smile:
Reply 67
Good luck to all having their assessments this week 😊🤞
Original post by MPQZ
Good luck to all having their assessments this week 😊🤞

Aww thanks. Good luck to everyone. Mine's wednesday. Im so nervous I'm already not sleeping properly lol. When's yours?
Thankyou ,Mines Monday .I’m travelling up tomorrow. I’m trying to keep very calm , what will be will be . I’ve put a lot of work in to preparing , but I can only do my best . Good luck all .
Reply 70
Original post by Emilyb24
Aww thanks. Good luck to everyone. Mine's wednesday. Im so nervous I'm already not sleeping properly lol. When's yours?

Mines not until 17th, I'm nervous already too!
Reply 71
Original post by Daniella**
Thankyou ,Mines Monday .I’m travelling up tomorrow. I’m trying to keep very calm , what will be will be . I’ve put a lot of work in to preparing , but I can only do my best . Good luck all .

Hope all your prep pays off, I'm sure it will. We've all got this far so hopefully we're the right fit
Mines the 24th! X

Eek, how exciting!! Atleast you're already there as well so you don't have the extra stress tomorrow. Best of Luck. Let us know tomorrow how it goes 🤞🤞
Reply 74
Hey! has anyone got the assessment centre on the 20th March in Birmingham?
Eek, how exciting!! Atleast you're already there as well so you don't have the extra stress tomorrow. Best of Luck. Let us know tomorrow how it goes 🤞🤞

Thankyou . Will do
Thankyou . Will do

How did it go today? How you feeling now? Relieved it's over haha. Was it as intense as I imagine it to be?
How did it go today? How you feeling now? Relieved it's over haha. Was it as intense as I imagine it to be?

I’m feeling exhausted . It was hard going , the written exam was the most challenging for me , wasn’t enough time to include everything I’d have liked to another 10/ 20 minutes would have been perfect . I’m definitely relieved I’ve done it and it’s out of the way .
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 78
I’m feeling exhausted . It was hard going , the written exam was the most challenging for me , wasn’t enough time to include everything I’d have liked to another 10/ 20 minutes would have been perfect . I’m definitely relieved I’ve done it and it’s out of the way

I'm sure you've done well! was it a role play in the end or a group exercise?
I’m feeling exhausted . It was hard going , the written exam was the most challenging for me , wasn’t enough time to include everything I’d have liked to another 10/ 20 minutes would have been perfect . I’m definitely relieved I’ve done it and it’s out of the way .

You tried your best and that's all we can do. I'm sure you smashed it. Assuming written is basically a scenario about a potential service user and we write it up as a report? Is one assessment literally back to back to the other?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending