The Student Room Group

UEA A100 / A104 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the UEA A100 / A104 2020 Offer Holders

For general information click: https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone! I've just firmed UEA :smile:
Has anyone looked at accommodation? I don't know what to choose
Original post by millie.123
Hi everyone! I've just firmed UEA :smile:
Has anyone looked at accommodation? I don't know what to choose

Hi!! I firmed UEA last night, I think I’m going to apply to Ziggurat single rooms because I’ve heard so much good stuff about how easy it is to meet lots of people being in a big building like that. Also you’re guaranteed to be super close to the medical school which is nice. What options are you looking at? @millie.123
Original post by imogen222
Hi!! I firmed UEA last night, I think I’m going to apply to Ziggurat single rooms because I’ve heard so much good stuff about how easy it is to meet lots of people being in a big building like that. Also you’re guaranteed to be super close to the medical school which is nice. What options are you looking at? @millie.123

Hi! The Ziggurats do look so fun. I think I'll probably apply for that but I'm not completely sure, I think I'm gonna go on a campus tour and have a look. I really want to be on the main campus, rather than the village, though
Original post by millie.123
Hi! The Ziggurats do look so fun. I think I'll probably apply for that but I'm not completely sure, I think I'm gonna go on a campus tour and have a look. I really want to be on the main campus, rather than the village, though

Are you going to the offer holder day to have a look at campus? Yeah me too I definitely don’t wanna be in the village
Hi congrats everyone on their offer!! I'm so annoyed I can't attend the applicant day as its the same day as Sheffield and I'm stuck between UEA and sheffield for which one to put as firm and insurance ah! Can anyone tell me if they think its essential to attend the applicant day? I've already been to the open day but didn't really see accommodation properly although there are youtube videos
I like the look of the ziggurats and they are very central on campus, but other than that, the accommodation seems slightly limited when you take into account cost - might look at village for one of my options further down even though it’s slightly off campus? What are people’s thoughts?
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is happy with their offers and looking forward to September and to meeting each other.

I've only just joined TSR to ask a brief question: I'm a grad and would love to live out in the city. Happy with big or small house, many or just a few people. Who'd be interested to join in?

All best and see you all soon!
Reply 8
Hey guys! Great to hear you all have offers!

I’m currently at UEA on a foundation year so it’ll be great to meet you in September!

If any of you have any questions about UEA or anything uni related feel free to message me!
Looking forward to the visit day to try and get a better idea of Uea and explore Norwich
Original post by cerysw70
Hey guys! Great to hear you all have offers!

I’m currently at UEA on a foundation year so it’ll be great to meet you in September!

If any of you have any questions about UEA or anything uni related feel free to message me!

What accommodation would you recommend?
Original post by benedikt.
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is happy with their offers and looking forward to September and to meeting each other.

I've only just joined TSR to ask a brief question: I'm a grad and would love to live out in the city. Happy with big or small house, many or just a few people. Who'd be interested to join in?

Hey I'm a grad too looking for accommodation in the city. Let me know if you want to link up :smile:
Hey I am also a grad would be keen to look at places in the city! See you guys at the open day?
Original post by Sarah_oo
Hey I'm a grad too looking for accommodation in the city. Let me know if you want to link up :smile:

Original post by benedikt.
Hello everyone,

Original post by imogen222

Hi : ) I've already applied for accommodation and i put the ziggurat single rooms as my top choice for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I heard they're really sociable.
Original post by Anonymoooo
What accommodation would you recommend?

I’m currently in the en suite campus (victory house). I will say it is very expensive if your loan isn’t high. My loan just about covers it. If you are heavily relying on your loan and nothing else maybe look into something cheaper. I chose the campus because I wanted an en suite.
The UEA Medicine Applicant Day is cancelled, please see attached the email from the university.
Original post by Kilolima
The UEA Medicine Applicant Day is cancelled, please see attached the email from the university.

I was really looking forward to it :frown:
Does anyone know what the student support is like at Norwich. Also I think they do quite a few osces compared to other med schools so just wondering if anyone knew how well supported people felt about this and how often people fail them
Norwich is a very nice city - at least I managed to get a hotel room refund even though my family booked non-refundable due to the virus
Original post by DGeorge13
Does anyone know what the student support is like at Norwich. Also I think they do quite a few osces compared to other med schools so just wondering if anyone knew how well supported people felt about this and how often people fail them

There’s is so much student support! We have student wellbeing services, advice(su), embedded school support teams... the list goes on! There is so much support.

As for OSCEs! First year OSCEs are formative! This means they don’t count to your grade! In second-fourth years you will have OSCEs that count.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending