The Student Room Group

SQA Highers in one sitting?

Hey!

I'm going to be applying to universities in England and Scotland for 2021 next year and am planning on taking an Advanced Higher and 2 Highers to boost my current grades.

However, what I would like to know is whether universities in England such as King's College London require me to have sat all my Highers and Advanced Highers in one sitting or whether if I meet the entry requirements but have sat the exams in 2 sittings is ok.

Hope that is clear! Many thanks
Original post by FinleyA123
Hey!

I'm going to be applying to universities in England and Scotland for 2021 next year and am planning on taking an Advanced Higher and 2 Highers to boost my current grades.

However, what I would like to know is whether universities in England such as King's College London require me to have sat all my Highers and Advanced Highers in one sitting or whether if I meet the entry requirements but have sat the exams in 2 sittings is ok.

Hope that is clear! Many thanks

As far as I know, they need advanced highers. I don’t know about highers as it’s not specified in the entry requirements.
you could email kings college for clarification
Original post by Kubsyy
As far as I know, they need advanced highers. I don’t know about highers as it’s not specified in the entry requirements.

Do they need them in one sitting though?
Do they need them in one sitting though?

Yes as they don’t normally accept resits.
Original post by Kubsyy
Yes as they don’t normally accept resits.

But if I'm not resitting the same exam just taking new ones a few years later is that different?

ie. If I sat 1 adv higher and 2 highers in 2018 would they be OK with me putting down completely new subjects for 1 adv higher and 2 highers in 2021?
But if I'm not resitting the same exam just taking new ones a few years later is that different?

ie. If I sat 1 adv higher and 2 highers in 2018 would they be OK with me putting down completely new subjects for 1 adv higher and 2 highers in 2021?

Best answer for this is going to come from asking the unis that you want to apply to directly I think, as it seems like a fairly specific case :smile:
From what I understand, English universities other than Oxbridge (who don't even attach that much weight to them) are mostly apathetic to your highers. What they want to see is fitting performance in three advanced highers: unless your school is unable to offer three so it may well be you'll have to switch your two highers for advanced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending