The Student Room Group

GCSE candidate statement of provisional results - can they change automatically?

Hi guys,

i need some advice please,

do GCSE candidate statement of provisional results change from the day we receive them on results day, to the day the certificate is published?

i understand students have a bit of time to appeal the results, say they didn't want to and were happy with their result.. would there be another reason why the result would change?

to give you some background, i never received my GCSE certificates and have been using my results day slip for over many a year, i actually thought that was the certificate (silly me).

any help is much appreciated.
Reply 1
I don’t know if i understand completely what you’re asking but no the results wouldn’t change for any reason unless you asked for your exam to be remarked. So if you didn’t get any papers remarked then your results day sheet should have the same results as your certificates. Definitely try and get a hold of the certificates though as you might need them at some point as proof since results day sheets could be fake/edited etc.
Original post by justanothaone
Hi guys,

i need some advice please,

do GCSE candidate statement of provisional results change from the day we receive them on results day, to the day the certificate is published?

i understand students have a bit of time to appeal the results, say they didn't want to and were happy with their result.. would there be another reason why the result would change?

to give you some background, i never received my GCSE certificates and have been using my results day slip for over many a year, i actually thought that was the certificate (silly me).

any help is much appreciated.

You need the certificates as the results slip is provisional grades. You can't use your results slip as proof.
Reply 3
They can change:

If you give permission for a review of marking and that changes the grade (up or down)

There is an extended review of marking or re-moderation of coursework (grade can only go up)

You or the centre is found guilty of malpractice and your grade withdrawn (you'd know about this)

An admin error is discovered and the grade corrected

1 you'd know about, 3 and 4 are incredibly rare and with 2 it can only get better.
Original post by e2002!
I don’t know if i understand completely what you’re asking but no the results wouldn’t change for any reason unless you asked for your exam to be remarked. So if you didn’t get any papers remarked then your results day sheet should have the same results as your certificates. Definitely try and get a hold of the certificates though as you might need them at some point as proof since results day sheets could be fake/edited etc.

Thank you, you understood me correctly. no i did not request any remarks. Hopefully the results are the same..

..because of COVID-19 AQA have temporarily suspended their past results and lost certificates service but i do intend to get verification on my GCSE results.

Actually I recently submitted a subject access request to confirm my grade with AQA, hopefully that should come through soon.
Thank you, you understood me correctly. no i did not request any remarks. Hopefully the results are the same..

..because of COVID-19 AQA have temporarily suspended their past results and lost certificates service but i do intend to get verification on my GCSE results.

Actually I recently submitted a subject access request to confirm my grade with AQA, hopefully that should come through soon.

Have you asked your old school for the certificates or have you lost them?
Original post by Compost
They can change:

If you give permission for a review of marking and that changes the grade (up or down)

There is an extended review of marking or re-moderation of coursework (grade can only go up)

You or the centre is found guilty of malpractice and your grade withdrawn (you'd know about this)

An admin error is discovered and the grade corrected

1 you'd know about, 3 and 4 are incredibly rare and with 2 it can only get better.

Thank you, very helpful.

- Yes, 1 is not applicable as i didn't request / gave permission for any reviews
- I am not aware of 2 but wouldn't mind the grade going up!
- 3 i also don't think is applicable
- I hope 4 isn't the case as my results are 16 years old and i don't think i would be in a position to appeal, needless to say this would leave me in a bit of a limbo...
Original post by Muttley79
Have you asked your old school for the certificates or have you lost them?

I never received my certificates in the first place, only have the result slips. No i haven't contacted my school yet, as my results are 16 years old. i doubt they would still have them...
I never received my certificates in the first place, only have the result slips. No i haven't contacted my school yet, as my results are 16 years old. i doubt they would still have them...

We have some from 1950s! It's worth asking :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
We have some from 1950s! It's worth asking :smile:

Oh wow! OK thank you, i'll give them a ring..

Quick Reply

Latest