The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Accounting and finance chances

AAA predicted with maths and two other preferred subjects.
GCSE's: five grade 7's, four 8's and one 9.
Eligible for contextual offer.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
AAA predicted with maths and two other preferred subjects.
GCSE's: five grade 7's, four 8's and one 9.
Eligible for contextual offer.

From the thread title, I assume that you're asking what the chances of an offer are? Your A level and GCSE grades are fine. For contextual candidates they ask for "AAB with A in Mathematics", which you exceed. They also ask for "A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9) | GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6) | We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile", so you clearly meet the requirement.

The problem is that too many well-qualified candidates apply to LSE, forcing them to turn away hundreds of candidates who academic profile meets the requirements. We can see from their published statistics on Applications, Offers and Entrants by Programme (below for BSc in Accounting and Finance) that last year they made just 265 offers to 1,929 applicants.

LSE -  Applications, Offers and Entrants by Programme - BSc in Accounting and Finance.JPG

So you have about a 1 in 7 chance of an offer. Even if we allow for the fact that some applications may have been "speculative", with candidates applying who didn't meet the entry requirements, that still probably means only a 1 in 6 chance for those who meet the entry criteria.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
From the thread title, I assume that you're asking what the chances of an offer are? Your A level and GCSE grades are fine. For contextual candidates they ask for "AAB with A in Mathematics", which you exceed. They also ask for "A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9) | GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6) | We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile", so you clearly meet the requirement.

The problem is that too many well-qualified candidates apply to LSE, forcing them to turn away hundreds of candidates who academic profile meets the requirements. We can see from their published statistics on Applications, Offers and Entrants by Programme (below for BSc in Accounting and Finance) that last year they made just 265 offers to 1,929 applicants.

LSE -  Applications, Offers and Entrants by Programme - BSc in Accounting and Finance.JPG

So you have about a 1 in 7 chance of an offer. Even if we allow for the fact that some applications may have been "speculative", with candidates applying who didn't meet the entry requirements, that still probably means only a 1 in 6 chance for those who meet the entry criteria.

Would you read my ps for acc and finance?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

Thank you for such an informed response.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm really not the best person to review your personal statement. If you want it reviewed, I'd recommend using the (free) PS Review Service here on TSR. Details in this thread.

However, I assume you applied before the equal consideration deadline - so it's too late to actually change your personal statement now anyway. Agreed? So why get it reviewed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending