The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Nottingham A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5999338

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Medicine-BMedSci+and+BMBS

For entry requirements click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Medicine-BMedSci+and+BMBS#requirements

Nottingham A100 / A101 / A108 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6936604

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Was the cutoff for 2020 45 or 46 points
Reply 2
Original post by HuManPerSon1234

If you read the 2020 thread there were some with 46 points who got interviews and some who didn’t. There’s a chance they calculated their scores incorrectly but it probably needs an FOI request to clarify.
who else's first choice is Nottingham :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by HuManPerSon1234

Hi there were some people invited to interview with a score of 44/45 of which some acknowledged they were contextual applicants. Some of the scores could have been miscalculated and they scored higher or the students didnt realise they were contextual. To be on the safe side as in previous years you need to be aiming for a minimum of 46 (once you know your UCAT). This would not necessarily grant you an interview as with every Med school they have their own tie breaker if there was the occasion where say everyone scored 46 another method would be used. An example could be personal statement/a particular range on the UCAT/work experience or school reference.
For 2020 there were 2361 UK/EU applicants. Of those were 1112 interviewed and 601 offers made but no figures for firmed available yet. The information is all available online to see and for 2019 and 2018.
Good luck with your application I'm firmed at Nottingham and due to start this year any questions feel free to ask.
Just did my UCAT and calculated a combined score of 46. Nottingham will probably not be my first choice and is a reserve uni for a just-in-case scenario, but now I'm worried that I haven't done enough in my UCAT to get an interview. Will I?
Thanks for any advice?
Reply 6
Original post by ZadTheLad
Just did my UCAT and calculated a combined score of 46. Nottingham will probably not be my first choice and is a reserve uni for a just-in-case scenario, but now I'm worried that I haven't done enough in my UCAT to get an interview. Will I?
Thanks for any advice?

Read the above.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 7
Original post by ZadTheLad
Thanks for any advice?

As I mentioned above, 46 would give you a chance of interview but not guaranteed. If it isn't your first choice have you looked at other Unis first that may suit your GCSEs/UCAT and predicted A Level results first?. Its best to work out where you have a stronger chance of getting an interview then look at which teaching style suits and finally where you would feel happy studying for 5+ years. Good luck hope it works out for you.
Reply 8
Is there any chance of an interview with a score of 44, and is this score solely based on UCAT and GCSE results??
Reply 9
I have got 7A*s, 2670 ucat score (band 2) and A*AA prediction. Would that be good enough to apply and is it worth it?
Reply 10
Original post by Evstep14
Is there any chance of an interview with a score of 44, and is this score solely based on UCAT and GCSE results??

Hi there. Do you happen to know if you are a contextual applicant? From the 2020 thread I am only aware of two people who advised they scored 44 and received an interview and these were contextual. The personal statement is not scored now and is used to ensure there an no red flags. The cut off could be different this year but it did seem to feel around 46. The score to calculate your grade is based on a combination of your GCSEs and your UCAT/SJT. I hope this helps and good luck with your applications.
I just calculated my score and I have got 49. Id that competitive for this university? Notingham will be my back up if I dont get into UCL or imperial
Reply 12
Original post by keeno25
I just calculated my score and I have got 49. Id that competitive for this university? Notingham will be my back up if I dont get into UCL or imperial

Hi there I'm sure 49 would be a competitive score.
If it meets the requirements on their website then I should think your grades and scores are worthy enough to make an application.
Original post by RiemannN
If it meets the requirements on their website then I should think your grades and scores are worthy enough to make an application.

I have 46 points, is that good enough?
Original post by keeno25

Sorry I'm not sure what your referring too, I don't have first hand experience with applying for medicine.
Original post by RiemannN
Sorry I'm not sure what your referring too, I don't have first hand experience with applying for medicine.

Original post by keeno25

Slightly risky - there will always be lots of people with 46 points because of how their scoring works. There were examples of applicants last year with 46 getting rejections on last year’s forum. But there were also examples of people getting interviews with the same score. Some may have calculated their scores wrong so it depends how much you want to go there as to whether you want to take the risk and whether you have safer options that you are happy with.
Original post by Laycity
Slightly risky - there will always be lots of people with 46 points because of how their scoring works. There were examples of applicants last year with 46 getting rejections on last year’s forum. But there were also examples of people getting interviews with the same score. Some may have calculated their scores wrong so it depends how much you want to go there as to whether you want to take the risk and whether you have safer options that you are happy with.

I am 100% sure on imperial and UCL. But i need 2 more ucat unis, which are safe to apply to with 2670 score. Do u know any?
Reply 18
Original post by keeno25
I am 100% sure on imperial and UCL. But i need 2 more ucat unis, which are safe to apply to with 2670 score. Do u know any?

You need to post your stats in the "which medical school" megathread for advice
was the cutoff 47 this year?

Latest