The Student Room Group

random a Level combination

I'm thinking about doing textiles, english lit and psychology for a level. I'm kinda worried about how unis will view this combination. Does it look like I'm confused and don't know what to do?
No, it's a perfectly good combo? It's worth checking that you'd still meet requirements for the degrees you might wish to study in the future, but as long as you do, unis won't "judge" your combo. Take what you want to take!
? it depends on what degree you want to do, if you wanna do psychology or english then thats fine, if you wanna do economics or maths then no
I don't understand what the problem is. Universities don't care what combination you do or if your subjects make 'sense' together. It's all about having the required subjects for the degree you want to apply for (should there be any) and meeting the grade requirements. That's all.
Reply 4
Original post by becausethenight
No, it's a perfectly good combo? It's worth checking that you'd still meet requirements for the degrees you might wish to study in the future, but as long as you do, unis won't "judge" your combo. Take what you want to take!

thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Gent2324
? it depends on what degree you want to do, if you wanna do psychology or english then thats fine, if you wanna do economics or maths then no

I'm torn between english, psych and fashion so it should be OK.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by ilywys
I'm torn between english, psych and fashion so it should be OK.

as a psych degree you really need at least 1 STEM A-level (psych counts for most courses as one of these)
Reply 7
K

Original post by Quick-use
I don't understand what the problem is. Universities don't care what combination you do or if your subjects make 'sense' together. It's all about having the required subjects for the degree you want to apply for (should there be any) and meeting the grade requirements. That's all.

I just wasn't sure how much universities care about what subjects you do outside of the one's that are required. My family is not from the UK and my school hasn't been v helpful so I had no idea if it matters.
Reply 8
Original post by Noodlzzz
as a psych degree you really need at least 1 STEM A-level (psych counts for most courses as one of these)

Thank you 🙂

Do you think just psych would be enough for a Psychology degree or would it be better to do biology instead of textiles
Original post by ilywys
Thank you 🙂

Do you think just psych would be enough for a Psychology degree or would it be better to do biology instead of textiles

For a competitive application at high ranked universities, it would make sense to do biology, but ONLY IF you think you will enjoy it and get a good grade from it :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Noodlzzz
For a competitive application at high ranked universities, it would make sense to do biology, but ONLY IF you think you will enjoy it and get a good grade from it :smile:

OK thank you 🙂 I don't love biology so I think I'll stick with textiles

Quick Reply

Latest