The Student Room Group

History and Politics at Cambridge

Hi, I've just had an interview at Cambridge for History and Politics and I'm slightly perplexed about my experience.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JW194051
Hi, I've just had an interview at Cambridge for History and Politics and I'm slightly perplexed about my experience.

I found the experience very underwhelming and felt as though I the questions were quite straightforward and didn't allow me to show my full potential.

Also, I only had one interview, despite the college's website saying that applicants can expect two interviews for this course. My written work wasn't discussed whatsoever. I also felt like the interviewers were lacking in energy.

Please could anyone help me make sense of this?

Hey! I was also interviewed for History and Politics and one of my interviews was a little bit like this. I wouldn't say that the interviewers were lacking in energy (they actually seemed interested), but the questions themselves were very general. I actually found it hard to answer sometimes, because the questions didn't allow me to give any meaningful or thoughtful answers, and everything I did say felt rehearsed. In addition, the interviewers also barely asked any follow-up questions.
I definitely don't think of it as a bad experience (still enjoyed it and the interviewers were very patient/friendly), but I thought my first interview was way better as it was more challenging, interesting and conversational. I honestly have no idea what it means for your application, but just wanted to say this to let you know you're not the only one who had this experience.
Which colleges did you guys apply to? I did Newnham and the politics one was quite different to the history one
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Which colleges did you guys apply to? I did Newnham and the politics one was quite different to the history one

I applied to Homerton, but my interviews were both a combination of history and politics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending