The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades

I just got my predicted grades: A*/A, A*/A, A. What does an A*/A mean? My teacher says in terms of UCAS it’s an A*, but does that mean it’ll be entered as an A* or an A*/A? It’s really confusing because I don’t know if universities will consider it as lower than an A*, which would disadvantage my application.

Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by Peter.G
I just got my predicted grades: A*/A, A*/A, A. What does an A*/A mean? My teacher says in terms of UCAS it’s an A*, but does that mean it’ll be entered as an A* or an A*/A? It’s really confusing because I don’t know if universities will consider it as lower than an A*, which would disadvantage my application.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would interpret this as they are going to put A* but they think you might get an A. You need to bear this is mind when chooisng unis and put some with lower requirements.

You need to find out haw to secure an A* next year or you'll possible miss your offers.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
I would interpret this as they are going to put A* but they think you might get an A. You need to bear this is mind when chooisng unis and put some with lower requirements.

You need to find out haw to secure an A* next year or you'll possible miss your offers.

I find that odd though because i haven’t had a test or exam below an A* throughout this year in those two subjects. My teacher says the highest predicted they give is A*/A. It’s a bit weird.
Original post by Peter.G
I find that odd though because i haven’t had a test or exam below an A* throughout this year in those two subjects. My teacher says the highest predicted they give is A*/A. It’s a bit weird.

Yes but you've probably only covered AS work so far [an A* was never possible at AS] so there's no guarantee you'll get A * on harder work. It shows you are borderline ...
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Yes but you've probably only covered AS work so far [an A* was never possible at AS] so there's no guarantee you'll get A * on harder work. It shows you are borderline ...

Ok yeah that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest