The Student Room Group

Application got rejected following an interview and assessment.

I made one application for social work, planned and organised our life structure three years ahead to accommodate my children. However, got rejected on written exam. Everytime I go back to read and reread the exam, I still don't know how I could have answered any different and no spelling or grammar mistake. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and embaressed. My question is, could they have made a mistake? Ucas is not updated yet.
(edited 3 years ago)
It might be worth asking them why you were rejected so that you know for the future and so that you're not left wondering. I'm sorry you were rejected :frown: but please don't feel like it's a reflection of your potential, just your potential to do that course at this moment.
Original post by Wray-Richardson
I made one application for social work, planned and organised our life structure three years ahead to accommodate my children. However, got rejected on written exam. Everytime I go back to read and reread the exam, I still don't know how I could have answered any different and no spelling or grammar mistake. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and embaressed. My question is, could they have made a mistake? Ucas is not updated yet.

Ask them for some feedback.

Not sure why you would be embarrassed?

It may be the case you did nothing wrong, but other people did more things right.
Original post by 999tigger
Ask them for some feedback.

Not sure why you would be embarrassed?

It may be the case you did nothing wrong, but other people did more things right.

It's embarrassing because I'm 35 and I've been turned down on written exam. The written exam question is so simple, though there are several points they were looking for. I wrote my reasoning and covered every point. To then be rejected for such a simple question, one would wonder their intellect capabilities. Maybe it's ego speaking, but right now I'm crushed. The team admission tutor has not even spoken to me throughout the application. I've regursted for a feedback too. Thank you for your advice.
Original post by redmeercat
It might be worth asking them why you were rejected so that you know for the future and so that you're not left wondering. I'm sorry you were rejected :frown: but please don't feel like it's a reflection of your potential, just your potential to do that course at this moment.

Thank you.
It's embarrassing because I'm 35 and I've been turned down on written exam. The written exam question is so simple, though there are several points they were looking for. I wrote my reasoning and covered every point. To then be rejected for such a simple question, one would wonder their intellect capabilities. Maybe it's ego speaking, but right now I'm crushed. The team admission tutor has not even spoken to me throughout the application. I've regursted for a feedback too. Thank you for your advice.

Seek feedback, because without this you're just left guessing exactly what it was which led to your rejection.
Original post by Reality Check
Seek feedback, because without this you're just left guessing exactly what it was which led to your rejection.

My feedback was that in one particular paragraph, my written English was not up to standards, and hard to read. Gutted! Yet, from my previous essays I've achieved outstanding on all my essays. Although, I had more than 45 minutes I guess.

I'll try again next year. Thank you for your advice :smile:
My feedback was that in one particular paragraph, my written English was not up to standards, and hard to read. Gutted! Yet, from my previous essays I've achieved outstanding on all my essays. Although, I had more than 45 minutes I guess.

I'll try again next year. Thank you for your advice :smile:

Yes, better luck next year :smile: Hopefully you'll have time to practise writing timed answers and get some feedback on them this year, so you go into your examination with confidence next year.

Maybe that's your problem, you thought the exam was so simple, but you didn't take into account that other people saw more of the question and provided more suitable answers. See what they say and if they will allow you to reapply next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending