The Student Room Group

A level results day 2020 "I am nervous" official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DGeorge13
“Sat” : biology, chemistry, maths
Mocks : A*A*A, wouldn’t be surprised if I got anything from AAA to BBC quite frankly given the whole standardisation, rank order and ib thing
Need : ABB or AAC with an A in chemistry
Formed: Bristol

I’m just terrified about the whole way it’s being done and am not too sure how it will not be susceptible to people having agendas when doing rank orders within grades or how the standardisation will affect things

I hope everyone gets what they need

Original post by phantom973
Chem and Bio

AB?

AB

Uni of Birmingham

Good luck mate!!
Original post by bored_user:)
Good luck mate!!

Thank you! I'm a private candidate so I don't even know if I'll be getting my predicted. Just hoping the admissions team will be lenient towards me, by some miracle
Original post by phantom973
Thank you! I'm a private candidate so I don't even know if I'll be getting my predicted. Just hoping the admissions team will be lenient towards me, by some miracle

I am too lol. lets just stay hopeful
What A levels did you "sit"?
- A Level Business Studies, Sociology and Level 3 Btec Fashion and Textiles

What are you expecting?
- A, A , Distinction*

What do you need?
- A, B, Distinction

And which Uni have you firmed?
- University of Leeds
Hi everyone! I'm personally not that worried at all I guess because a choose a uni that offered me an unconditional as insurance choice. Anyways, I will still be a bit gutted if I didn't get into Leeds. Good luck everyone! :wink:
Original post by Vickyss
What A levels did you "sit"?
- A Level Business Studies, Sociology and Level 3 Btec Fashion and Textiles

What are you expecting?
- A, A , Distinction*

What do you need?
- A, B, Distinction

And which Uni have you firmed?
- University of Leeds
Hi everyone! I'm personally not that worried at all I guess because a choose a uni that offered me an unconditional as insurance choice. Anyways, I will still be a bit gutted if I didn't get into Leeds. Good luck everyone! :wink:

omg haha good luck then mate!!
Reply 45
“Sat” : biology, chemistry, maths
Mocks : A*A*A, wouldn’t be surprised if I got anything from AAA to BBC quite frankly given the whole standardisation, rank order and ib thing
Need : ABB or AAC with an A in chemistry
Formed: Bristol

I’m just terrified about the whole way it’s being done and am not too sure how it will not be susceptible to people having agendas when doing rank orders within grades or how the standardisation will affect things

I hope everyone gets what they need

Hi Dgeorge13 : You are going to make hundreds of us very nervous if A*A*A can become BBC. I am curious how you reached to this conclusion. Is the mock of year 13 is major factor to deciding students grades ? if not what are the other factors used by the teachers. My daughter was predicted A*A*A at the end year 12 but for the mocks she was very tired and stressed up and ended with A*A*C ( C being in chemistry but always got As and B before then) . She needs AAA.
regards
Is there an AS results 2020 version of this thread? If not please can you or I make one because I am worried and nervous about my AS results due to the Us I have been getting in Economics?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mjhmichael18
Is there an AS results 2020 version of this thread? If not please can you or I make one because I am worried and nervous about my AS results due to the Us I have been getting in Economics?

Heyy this thread is for AS students too! Please feel free to message one of our members on this thread!
Those who are prepared to support people please DM those who need our help!
Original post by mass63
Hi Dgeorge13 : You are going to make hundreds of us very nervous if A*A*A can become BBC. I am curious how you reached to this conclusion. Is the mock of year 13 is major factor to deciding students grades ? if not what are the other factors used by the teachers. My daughter was predicted A*A*A at the end year 12 but for the mocks she was very tired and stressed up and ended with A*A*C ( C being in chemistry but always got As and B before then) . She needs AAA.
regards

They were my mocks but my first set of y13 mocks were ABC which although not what I normally get or have got since did change my average from an a* to a lower a over the course of 2 years.

I didn’t necessarily think mocks were a major thing and there was a reasonable amount of teacher judgement used. Partially it’s because I go to a really large college and so don’t really know how the other 180 students that did biology or chemistry and the 380 students that do maths do or if my classes are representative of the reality of grades.
Reply 50
BBC News released this article today about A Level results and this may help everyone feel a bit more confident.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53492283
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 51
I do bio,chem, maths
Expect maybe AAA but go to a school where the average is a c so might get moderated down. Need abb for firm. Pretty nervous about my grades since i go to a crappy sixth form.
Original post by dasda
I do bio,chem, maths
Expect maybe AAA but go to a school where the average is a c so might get moderated down. Need abb for firm. Pretty nervous about my grades since i go to a crappy sixth form.

Medicine/dentistry?
Reply 53
Original post by Banshee123
Medicine/dentistry?

I get that a lot. Was planning to do medicine but after some work experience, found out it wasn't for me. Applying for comp sci.
Original post by dasda
I get that a lot. Was planning to do medicine but after some work experience, found out it wasn't for me. Applying for comp sci.

Oh nice. What uni . R u an offer holder?
Original post by dasda
I do bio,chem, maths

Good luck - I really hope you get it.
Reply 56
Oh nice. What uni . R u an offer holder?

Offer holder for Birmingham. Thinking of taking a gap year and maybe reapplying depending on grades.
Reply 57
Good luck - I really hope you get it.

Thanks man.hope you get your offer for medicine.
Original post by dasda
Offer holder for Birmingham. Thinking of taking a gap year and maybe reapplying depending on grades.

Pwc partnership ??
Reply 59
Pwc partnership ??

Nah normal degree.

Quick Reply

Latest