The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Graduate Reserve List 2020

Hi everyone,

I realised there were no dedicated discussions for Reserve Listed LSE applicants. Thought it would be nice to share experiences on this process given the current context.

I have seen in the official LSE Graduate thread some applicants being put on reserve list in April but then receiving an unconditional offer for by the end of April, so it seems that student may have higher chances of securing a place through reserve list this year.

I received my LSE ID on 11th of May and have been placed on reserve list end of May. Have an offer to accept by Friday, don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Hey same for me. I got into the reserve list last week. Need to accept another offer in 1.5 weeks time as well. Not sure what to do either.

Honestly , for me, waiting on a reserve list is even more nerve wrecking than than a normal applicant lol.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Just got into the reserve list for my first choice but I am still waiting for my second choice result to be released. How much time do you think it will take?
Reply 3
Hey all I just got told I was on the reserve list this morning for the Global Media and Communications program with USC. I know I applied too late but the application still says open which is highly unfair considering they’re only trying to fill the reserve now and the quota is full. What do you think the chances are I’ll get off of it? Has anyone had luck with reinstating?
Original post by wvan98
Hey all I just got told I was on the reserve list this morning for the Global Media and Communications program with USC. I know I applied too late but the application still says open which is highly unfair considering they’re only trying to fill the reserve now and the quota is full. What do you think the chances are I’ll get off of it? Has anyone had luck with reinstating?

If it's any consolation, you've got a shot. I got an offer for that course that I'm turning down, so there'll be at least one slot opening up.
Reply 5
Original post by ghostalpostal
If it's any consolation, you've got a shot. I got an offer for that course that I'm turning down, so there'll be at least one slot opening up.

Thanks for the reply! If you don’t mind, why are you turning it down?
Original post by wvan98
Thanks for the reply! If you don’t mind, why are you turning it down?

Money, mostly. I applied hoping I'd be able to secure a scholarship, but that didn't come off in the end.
I was told that I’m on the list 3 weeks ago. Hope that good news will come in August....
Original post by Charcharlotte5
I was told that I’m on the list 3 weeks ago. Hope that good news will come in August....

Which course are you in btw?
I got into the reserve list too. An email saysI will hear back by mid August, while others says the end of August. Not sure which lol
I'm also on the reserve list for a MSc program at LSE. I expect that the uncertainty unleashed by Covid will open up more spots for reserve or waitlist applicants relative to the normal application period. I'm from the US, so I'll likely be doing the 1st term remotely. Anyone else planning on doing the 1st term virtually? As lame as that sounds :frown:
I'm also on the reserve list for a MSc program at LSE. I expect that the uncertainty unleashed by Covid will open up more spots for reserve or waitlist applicants relative to the normal application period. I'm from the US, so I'll likely be doing the 1st term remotely. Anyone else planning on doing the 1st term virtually? As lame as that sounds :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by flavious

I plan on doing it remotely as well from Canada unfortunately. Fingers crossed we both get in, I am hoping we have the same outcome because of COVID!
Reply 12
I was put in the reserve list 6 weeks ago and usually offer holders have 6 weeks to respond, I feel like by now if LSE had a place for me they would have contacted me, I have a deadline to accept by next week I don't know what to do either
Reply 13
Original post by CAMN
I was put in the reserve list 6 weeks ago and usually offer holders have 6 weeks to respond, I feel like by now if LSE had a place for me they would have contacted me, I have a deadline to accept by next week I don't know what to do either

don't they let you know in august though?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey same for me. I got into the reserve list last week. Need to accept another offer in 1.5 weeks time as well. Not sure what to do either.

Honestly , for me, waiting on a reserve list is even more nerve wrecking than than a normal applicant lol.

hey , did you end up hearing from them?
Ive also been put on the reserve list for the MSc Global Media and communication (LSE USC). Any idea about the chances?
Reply 16
I was put on the reserve list for MSc Economic History (Research) and my transcript just dropped which people on here have speculated is a sign that you'll soon receive an offer. So hopefully this year more of us will get off the reserve list because of the corona fiasco!
Reply 17
Original post by a__123
don't they let you know in august though?

yes but some people say it's mid-august some say it's towards the end of the month and I need to know before the 6th
Original post by CAMN
yes but some people say it's mid-august some say it's towards the end of the month and I need to know before the 6th

oh, that's a tough situation
Original post by CAMN

I heard that people mostly drop their offers in Aug. Since it is not allowed to defer, so it’s really hard to know how people will deal with their offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending