The Student Room Group

Black box renewal

So i have done a year of driving with a box (wasn't great) but i managed to keep a score above 70 which they found impressive as average is 55 but anyway they renewed my insurance and now its £500 for year (dropped by £600) so i thought great but same time told myself once i did my year with box to get rid instantly so i rang them and they basically told me my score is really good and after first year of the box they don't monitor you as much and are only bothered about speeding and basically got me to stay but now i'm wondering how are they going to only track me for speeding if box monitors :
Acceleration
Speeding
Braking
Time of day

So can they disable certain things being tracked or have i just been lied to? insurance is hastings.
Also my insurance is renewed but score is exact same so does the score just carry on?
Reply 1
Original post by Nick6501
So i have done a year of driving with a box (wasn't great) but i managed to keep a score above 70 which they found impressive as average is 55 but anyway they renewed my insurance and now its £500 for year (dropped by £600) so i thought great but same time told myself once i did my year with box to get rid instantly so i rang them and they basically told me my score is really good and after first year of the box they don't monitor you as much and are only bothered about speeding and basically got me to stay but now i'm wondering how are they going to only track me for speeding if box monitors :
Acceleration
Speeding
Braking
Time of day

So can they disable certain things being tracked or have i just been lied to? insurance is hastings.
Also my insurance is renewed but score is exact same so does the score just carry on?

Yes you've probably been lied to.
Reply 2
Sounds like a trick to make you stay with them, they will try their hardest to make you stay. My previous insurer kept me on the phone for 30 mins, when I was cancelling my automatic renewal, despite me repeatedly saying they were £1,000 more than my current insurer, kept offering me, 'hidden discounts', changing my cars location to an incorrect location, etc. Finally managed to cancel in the end, after making it clear I wanted to cancel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending