The Student Room Group

A level choices

Do you think it’s a good idea to do geography at A level if I got a C at GSCE ?
Yes, if you are willing to work hard, I know people who got a 5 at gcse and are working at Bs/As at alevel. It is not a requirement to have gcse geography to do it at alevel purely as most of the stuff you learn is new.

The exam technique changes and most schools will use different case studies.
Reply 2
Original post by Becca216
Yes, if you are willing to work hard, I know people who got a 5 at gcse and are working at Bs/As at alevel. It is not a requirement to have gcse geography to do it at alevel purely as most of the stuff you learn is new.

The exam technique changes and most schools will use different case studies.

Okay thankyou for the reply that makes me feel so much better :smile: Do you have any insight on what geography A level is like in general ?
Original post by lara Jane
Okay thankyou for the reply that makes me feel so much better :smile: Do you have any insight on what geography A level is like in general ?

I do OCR and I love it! I will be honest I really struggled with exam technique at first (my first 3 grades were D,U,C) but after practice it starts to become more natural. I personally prefer human over physical and I really enjoy some of the human case studies we do as they are based on my local area.

Not sure how much you know but 20% of the alevel is course work, this allows you to explore a topic that you really enjoy in more depth by going out and collecting data then analysing it, etc. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest