The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview

I have been invited for DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview. Has anyone done one recently. My interview will be a video interview. Any help is appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have also been invited for the interview but don’t know what to expect! is this your first time applying for a DWP role?
Reply 2
Yes this is my first time. It will be a video interview.
Original post by Olak
I have been invited for DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview. Has anyone done one recently. My interview will be a video interview. Any help is appreciated

Original post by shakilahoque
Hi, I have also been invited for the interview but don’t know what to expect! is this your first time applying for a DWP role?

Please could I ask which region both of you applied for? Many thanks. I applied for North-East (closing date was 15th July) and my application’s still showing as received, and no interview offer etc.
Reply 4
It’s pre re order questions so yo don’t actually speak to anyone. There are 6 questions in total and you get between 10 and 30 seconds to think of your answer before it starts recording. If I remember correctly you get 5 mins to answer each question and you only get 1 shot at it
Original post by wr72
It’s pre re order questions so yo don’t actually speak to anyone. There are 6 questions in total and you get between 10 and 30 seconds to think of your answer before it starts recording. If I remember correctly you get 5 mins to answer each question and you only get 1 shot at it

Wow is it only 6 questions? And 5 mins for each question? I can't imagine answering strength question for 5 minutes... Behaviours - fair enough, but strengths, it's quite daunting.
Reply 6
Original post by makkurokurosuke
Wow is it only 6 questions? And 5 mins for each question? I can't imagine answering strength question for 5 minutes... Behaviours - fair enough, but strengths, it's quite daunting.

I think the strength questions are a bit shorter, possibly 3 mins. One of them was ‘How would you feel about making an important decision if you didn’t have all the information?’ Or words to that affect.
Reply 7
I am in the same boat, incredibly nervous and not sure what to expect?!!
Reply 8
Original post by Le1gh82
I am in the same boat, incredibly nervous and not sure what to expect?!!

The behaviour questions you have 30 seconds to think and 3 mins to answer. The strength questions you have 5 seconds to think and 2 minutes to answer.
Reply 9
Original post by Aysha98x
The behaviour questions you have 30 seconds to think and 3 mins to answer. The strength questions you have 5 seconds to think and 2 minutes to answer.

Can you remember some of the questions, not like exactly how it was asked?
I had my interview 3+ weeks ago so I don’t remember exact questions. But I would advise to keep your examples straight to the point, 3 mins can go fairly quick, and always refer back to the question they ask. The questions they ask will always refer to the behaviour. Like for managing a quality service they may ask ‘give me an example of when you have delivered good customer service?’ or ‘how do you ensure the customer service you are providing is good?’ Both questions refer to the same behaviour and require and example but the way you answer needs to refer back to the question.

Also, with the strengths I recommend you do not rehearse your answers. These are made for natural responses which is why you get 5 seconds to think. They can figure out when you have rehearsed a strength and you can get a low score on it. Be yourself with the strength questions. Theres no right or wrong answer to these as long as you back your answer.
Reply 11
I’ve Only ever done 1 video interview (not Dwp) I also found the time went really quickly and on one of the questions failed to finish before it timed out. So I agree keepI got to point is definitely key.
Reply 12
Where did you apply warrington or London?
Reply 13
This is really helpful thank you!
Reply 14
Original post by bahonz
Where did you apply warrington or London?

London
Reply 15
Hi guys, what I am wondering is the way they will be asking the behaviour questions.

You know on the application it only said "Provide statements describing your skills and experience regarding each stated behaviour."

Are they again going to give us only the behaviour and expect a verbal statement or are they going to ask the behaviour questions in a different form?
Original post by ihan
Hi guys, what I am wondering is the way they will be asking the behaviour questions.

You know on the application it only said "Provide statements describing your skills and experience regarding each stated behaviour."

Are they again going to give us only the behaviour and expect a verbal statement or are they going to ask the behaviour questions in a different form?

You will have to provide an example of the behaviour. Try the STAR technique and research on Civil Service behaviours. They can ask any question that relates to the behaviour. It can be a question starting as ‘give me an example when...’ or ‘how would you...’
Hi everyone.
Do you know if the questions start automatically after the previous answer finishes recording, or do you have a choice to click "Next question", so that you can have a small pause, have a sip of water and calm down and then go to the next one?
Original post by makkurokurosuke
Hi everyone.
Do you know if the questions start automatically after the previous answer finishes recording, or do you have a choice to click "Next question", so that you can have a small pause, have a sip of water and calm down and then go to the next one?

No they do not start automatically. Once you have finished one question you can take a pause and then click onto next question. Once you go the next question the recording will start automatically after the time has been given to think once the question has been asked.
Reply 19
Thank you all for the tips. When I log onto the portal I cannot see the candidate pack anymore! Can anyone please advise what behaviours the questions are based on so far I only remember "Managing a quality service"? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending