The Student Room Group

Saltire Scholarship + CAS updates?

Hi,

New to the forums, so I apologise if my post is in the wrong category. Let me know if that's the case.

I had applied for the Saltire Scholarship, and was wondering whether someone had received a decision yet or if someone knew how long the process takes?

From what I understand, the application is sent to a panel in your respective university; would it be unwise to email them?

Additionally, has anyone received their CAS letter yet?

Thanks for reading!

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

My boyfriend applied to the saltire scholarship and I emailed to check up on it and the university said the same - that it was being reviewed by their panel. I am hoping in the next week or so. I was trying to find any info from last year but couldn't find anything which suggested when we would hear back. Which university did you apply to for it?
Reply 2
Original post by yoli1998
Hi!

My boyfriend applied to the saltire scholarship and I emailed to check up on it and the university said the same - that it was being reviewed by their panel. I am hoping in the next week or so. I was trying to find any info from last year but couldn't find anything which suggested when we would hear back. Which university did you apply to for it?

Thanks for the reply. I've applied to the University of Stirling. Which university has your boyfriend applied to?
Original post by lumnaine
Thanks for the reply. I've applied to the University of Stirling. Which university has your boyfriend applied to?

Same university. Which course?
Reply 4
Same university. Which course?

Oh, that's nice. Mine's Digital Media And Communication. Which country is he applying from?
Oh, that's nice. Mine's Digital Media And Communication. Which country is he applying from?

his is the LLM International Energy and Environmental Law. He is applying from Pakistan. where are you applying from?
Reply 6
his is the LLM International Energy and Environmental Law. He is applying from Pakistan. where are you applying from?

Oh damn, we're nearly in direct competition. I'm from Pakistan as well. It would've been real nice if there was more information in regards to the scholarship. The wait is anxiety-inducing.
Oh damn, we're nearly in direct competition. I'm from Pakistan as well. It would've been real nice if there was more information in regards to the scholarship. The wait is anxiety-inducing.

Oh I agree. Theres barely any information about the scholarship - just very vague responses. Let me know if you hear anything and I will message too if I hear anything. best of luck!
Hey @lumnaine have you heard anything back yet?
Reply 9
Sorry for the late response. No, haven't heard anything back yet. How about you? I did see an old Twitter post by someone who did get it. Seems like it took 4-5 weeks for her to get a response.
Sorry for the late response. No, haven't heard anything back yet. How about you? I did see an old Twitter post by someone who did get it. Seems like it took 4-5 weeks for her to get a response.

No nothing yet :frown: hopefully soon as they said they hoped to inform applicants by the end of august
@lumnaine Hi my boyfriend heard back and did not get the scholarship. Any news on yours?
Reply 12
Hi sorry, I couldn't reply earlier. Same. Guess they aren't taking many people this year. I hope it works out for you and him. Are you in Scotland/have applied here as well? I'll be joining in the Feb session so if you guys need anything, you can always reach out. Also, I'll keep searching for alternate scholarship/funding options. If I find something, I'll let you know.
Hi sorry, I couldn't reply earlier. Same. Guess they aren't taking many people this year. I hope it works out for you and him. Are you in Scotland/have applied here as well? I'll be joining in the Feb session so if you guys need anything, you can always reach out. Also, I'll keep searching for alternate scholarship/funding options. If I find something, I'll let you know.

No problem sorry to hear you didn't get the scholarship - and yes it sounds like they gave very few out. No, I am based in London. My boyfriend has deferred to next September. Thank you! Same to you, reach out at any time and I'll also keep an eye out for scholarships. best of luck!
Reply 14
No nothing yet :frown: hopefully soon as they said they hoped to inform applicants by the end of august

Hi..Have you heard anything about the saltire scholarship? I have applied too and waiting...
Reply 15
Original post by Ars_zam
Hi..Have you heard anything about the saltire scholarship? I have applied too and waiting...

Yeah, neither of us got it. Check your junk mail or may be contact them if you haven't received an email. Received their decision on 27th August.
Reply 16
Okay... Sure. Thanks.
Hey @Ars_zam did you receive a reply about the Saltire Scholarship?
Reply 18
Original post by rumplestillskin
Hey @Ars_zam did you receive a reply about the Saltire Scholarship?

Hi...Unfortunately, I was not selected..Quite disappointing though...Infact,whoever I spoke to so far,all said they didn't get.
Reply 19
@rumplestillskin What about yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending