The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex, Reading or Brunel for Law

I can't decide. What do law firms prefer out of these 3?
Original post by Anonymous
I can't decide. What do law firms prefer out of these 3?

Hello, I am not a Law Student myself, but I would say that the most important thing is to focus on choosing the university and a course that is right for you. Which university do you feel you would have the best chances of excelling at? Of course, it is always useful to check the League Tables to see how these universities rank in any specific subject; but in my opinion, it is even more important to choose the university that matches your academic interests and needs. Have a good look at what modules you will actually be studying at each university, and which appeal most to you. Also, it may be worth finding out more about what the social life, housing, or part-time job opportunities are like in the area you will be studying in - this could all contribute to your decision.

In reality future employers are likely to look at many factors beside simply what institution you have studied at, including your grades, work experience, extra-curricular activities, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about what it is like to study at Sussex University, or live in Brighton. As a current Sussex University student I will be more than happy to help :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending