The Student Room Group

Keele University A100 2021 entry

Welcome to the Keele University A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Keele A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022528

For general information click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/#entry-requirements

Keele A100 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6876306

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey does anyone know exactly how Keele scores their R+R form?
Reply 2
Original post by arunayyar28
Hey does anyone know exactly how Keele scores their R+R form?

They don't give a specific breakdown, only:

Admissions tutors will assess the R+R form for evidence of the values in the NHS Constitution
using the following criteria:
Commitment to one or more role(s) involving direct engagement with people, ideally with an
element of care or support
The value of the role(s) undertaken, in terms of contribution to the wellbeing of others or
demonstration of appropriate personal characteristics
The level of responsibility taken in any of the above roles
A clear example of a situation where the applicant did something that had a significant
beneficial outcome for another person
Any exceptional achievements or circumstances
Reply 3
Hi
For the R&R form
I am going to put down
1. Worked in charity shop every weekend for 2 years
2 mentoring younger school children
3 led assembly in school
4 work experience in care home
5 2 weeks work experience in hospital
Would that be ok ?
Original post by Bitooo
Hi
For the R&R form
I am going to put down
3 led assembly in school
Would that be ok ?

Hi there!

As you can probably understand, the requirements of the R&R form have changed slightly due to Covid 19. You can find out lots more information about this in the R&R form drop down box on the ‘How to apply’ section of the Keele School of Medicine page. For some reason TSR isn’t allowing me to paste the link to this in for you. :frown:

You can also find the R&R form guidance notes using this link which may be helpful so you can see if what you’re including will be enough! - https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/k-web/k-schools/medicine/admissions/roles-and-responsibilities-form-applicant-guidance-notes.pdf

I hope this helps a little? If there’s anything else I can do to help then please let me know :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bitooo
Hi
For the R&R form
I am going to put down
3 led assembly in school
Would that be ok ?

Hi there again,

Just to add to what I said before where it wouldn’t let me post the link ...

This is the info regarding the Covid 19 changes that are on the page in case you haven’t seen them.

‘THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FORM 2021

UPDATE COVID-19

We recognize that students intending to apply to medical school this October will have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. We don't expect applicants to have any experience in hospitals or other healthcare settings and would not give any credit for such experience in scoring of the roles & responsibilities (R+R) form if it involves workplace shadowing. The kinds of things included in the R+R form can come from any kind of experience, whether that is in caring settings, support for individuals orsmall groups with specific needs (e.g. in school/college or in the local community through voluntary groups, faith organizations, charities, etc.), leadership/mentoring/coaching roles (e.g. in sports teams, drama/music groups, etc.), employment with specific responsibilities (e.g. lifeguard, event steward/marshal) or any kind of public-facing employment. This list is not exhaustive: we see very strong applications from students with no conventional medical "work experience". While social distancing is in place students may be contributing to your local community through activities such as delivering groceries to vulnerable neighbours, hosting online/phone chats for fellow students who might feel isolated, supporting care providers (hospices, residential homes, etc.) by participating in online activities to raise funds for charities whose shops have had to close, etc. You really just need to think about what kinds of things you do that demonstrate a commitment to helping and supporting others, and also explain how you have worked with other people to achieve this.

All 2021 applicants will be in the same position regarding work experience and so the required Roles and Responsibilities score for an interview is likely to be lower than it has been. Students also need to think about volunteering they have already done in any situation and responsibilities they have taken. Some students who have achieved high marks in the past have not had any contact with the health care sector and so this is not a requirement for a good R&R form. We also recommend you study the online guidance below to determine how you can best provide evidence on the experience you have had up until now.’
Reply 6
That’s very helpful
Many thanks
Original post by Bitooo
That’s very helpful
Many thanks

Not a problem! :smile:
Has keele released their cut off points for the ucat for the students who did their ucat in 2020?
Original post by kester.t_
Has keele released their cut off points for the ucat for the students who did their ucat in 2020?

Hello there! According to the entry criteria for 2021, the cutoff score is at 2280. You can find more information on the entry requirements through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/#summary-of-2021-entry-criteria-a100---uk-qualifications

I hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hello there! According to the entry criteria for 2021, the cutoff score is at 2280. You can find more information on the entry requirements through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/#summary-of-2021-entry-criteria-a100---uk-qualifications

I hope this helps! :smile:

Hi, on the website, it states, "excluding score below 2280 or SJT in band 4." Would I need to satisfy both? I scored 2240 and a band 1. Would it be wise to apply to Keele?
Original post by Mimi0003
Hi, on the website, it states, "excluding score below 2280 or SJT in band 4." Would I need to satisfy both? I scored 2240 and a band 1. Would it be wise to apply to Keele?

Hey there! I am not completely sure, so I am going to email the medicines team for you so we can know for sure. :smile:
Hi, I hear Keele have a large % of their students as graduates. Is this true? I am considering Keele and I will be applying with a degree already in pharmacy.
Reply 13
Original post by KingLadoo
Hi, I hear Keele have a large % of their students as graduates. Is this true? I am considering Keele and I will be applying with a degree already in pharmacy.

I was checking their stats and it said 54% of their students who get into A100 were grads the other year!

Love your name btw
Hey there! I am not completely sure, so I am going to email the medicines team for you so we can know for sure. :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by KingLadoo

Hi there!

I am going to e-mail the team for you to see if they can provide me with some numbers! :smile:

In the meantime, if there is anything else I can help you with or if you have any questions at all then please don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Original post by Mimi0003
Thank you! :smile:

It's not a problem at all. Hopefully I will get a reply today! :smile:
Hi,

I was just wondering what Keele's usual A-level offer is post-interview? Is it AAA if you firm and then A*AA if you put them as insurance?

Thanks.
Original post by Drexler13
Hi,

I was just wondering what Keele's usual A-level offer is post-interview? Is it AAA if you firm and then A*AA if you put them as insurance?

Thanks.

Hello! As far as I am aware and according to the Keele Medicine webpage, the A level requirements do not change depending on whether you firm or or put down Keele as your insurance. The minimum A level requirement is AAA.
You can find more information about this on here- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/#(a100)-5-year-mbchb---2020-entry

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Hello! As far as I am aware and according to the Keele Medicine webpage, the A level requirements do not change depending on whether you firm or or put down Keele as your insurance. The minimum A level requirement is AAA.
You can find more information about this on here- https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/howtoapply/#(a100)-5-year-mbchb---2020-entry

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Hi,

What are the transport links like if you have placements outside of the main campus or if you live in accommodation outside the campus after first year?

Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending