The Student Room Group

Any suggestions for A-level colleges or sixth forms in London?

Hello!
I am currently in year 11 and looking for a college or sixth form where to do my A-levels. I want to do Computer Science, Maths and Economics. Any suggestions in London where i can study next year? I am thinking about Woodhouse College but im not sure.

P.S.: I want to study in a college or sixth form where these subjects are taught really well, especially Computer Science.

Thank you!
Original post by yusein.mustafa
Hello!
I am currently in year 11 and looking for a college or sixth form where to do my A-levels. I want to do Computer Science, Maths and Economics. Any suggestions in London where i can study next year? I am thinking about Woodhouse College but im not sure.

P.S.: I want to study in a college or sixth form where these subjects are taught really well, especially Computer Science.

I know that Brampton Manor and NCS are really good state sixth forms in London but I guess it will depend where in london you live as to whether these would be convenient travel wise for you
Hiya has anyone got any tips on how to get into nlcs in sixth form entry I am taking bio chem economics
(edited 3 years ago)
Has anyone also got any idea whjats in the exams at nlcs for chem bio economics thanks
Original post by livlifestudying
I know that Brampton Manor and NCS are really good state sixth forms in London but I guess it will depend where in london you live as to whether these would be convenient travel wise for you

Thanks for your answer!
I live in North London and I can travel to Central London, but Brampton Manor and NCS are too far for me.
Original post by sixthformapp
Has anyone also got any idea whjats in the exams at nlcs for chem bio economics thanks

Idk if u know but this is cheating. Stop asking what’s in exams, advice is fine but for all of them is is core gcse content. Don’t try to find out what is in them they change and update it each year.
Reply 6
Thanks for your answer!
I live in North London and I can travel to Central London, but Brampton Manor and NCS are too far for me.

LAE and Woodhouse are the best in North London from what I hear
Original post by hi?

Henrietta barnett is the best. As far as ik las and woodhouse arent selective so for non-selective sure they’re the best but hbs is a lottt better as os QE boys, St pauls NLCS westminster but idk if u want to include private
Original post by buoynancy
Idk if u know but this is cheating. Stop asking what’s in exams, advice is fine but for all of them is is core gcse content. Don’t try to find out what is in them they change and update it each year.

Oh just be nice , haha its not cheating to ask what was in the exams in previous years hun !! Get ur facts right
Oh just be nice , haha its not cheating to ask what was in the exams in previous years hun !! Get ur facts right

Hun !! It really is - how are you to know that the exam will change each year. You should be revising based on what you have been told to revise. If you deserve to get in you will on your merits i just don’t understand why you can’t just revise instead of ask what’s in the exams?? Ps. I wasn’t being rude on the other thread i was highlighting the many risks to applying strategically one of which is that you aren’t guaranteed the subjects you want so get ur head out of the clouds and perhaps listen to someone that went through the process, or don’t, it doesn’t affect me. Good luck xx
Original post by buoynancy
Hun !! It really is - how are you to know that the exam will change each year. You should be revising based on what you have been told to revise. If you deserve to get in you will on your merits i just don’t understand why you can’t just revise instead of ask what’s in the exams?? Ps. I wasn’t being rude on the other thread i was highlighting the many risks to applying strategically one of which is that you aren’t guaranteed the subjects you want so get ur head out of the clouds and perhaps listen to someone that went through the process, or don’t, it doesn’t affect me. Good luck xx

Ok ok no malice intended, i have been revising v hard and im not saying thats the route i dont want to take , was just asking ab the general vibe of difficulty in exams x again NO malice intended x
Ok ok no malice intended, i have been revising v hard and im not saying thats the route i dont want to take , was just asking ab the general vibe of difficulty in exams x again NO malice intended x

Fair enough tbh general vibes i completely get it’s just abit disappointing to see a thread that LOOKS LIKE people just tryna find what’s in the exams. If you want general advice im more than happy to help, pm me and i can give u advice xx
Original post by hi?

Yeah, what about City and Islington College and Westminster Kingsway college ?
Does anyone know anything about New City College, Westminster Kingsway and City and islington?
Does anyone know anything about New City College, Westminster Kingsway and City and islington?

Hey I go to west king in king cross I think I've only been there for like 4 weeks and we go school once a week because of Rona. I heard that the school is very supportive with resources like laptops and stuff and with students that have disabillites. And i think there was an inciddent with mcdonalds. But yh its pretty chill. Also the security guards do not play games.
Original post by hanga2233
Hey I go to west king in king cross I think I've only been there for like 4 weeks and we go school once a week because of Rona. I heard that the school is very supportive with resources like laptops and stuff and with students that have disabillites. And i think there was an inciddent with mcdonalds. But yh its pretty chill. Also the security guards do not play games.

Are the A-level results for history, English lit and economics good there?

Quick Reply

Latest