The Student Room Group

4 A levels in one year?

In year 13. Started with 3 subjects dropped one at the start of this year to self study maths & further maths in one year. On top of having A level economics & business that would mean I'm currently doing 4 A levels. Whilst doing 2 in completely one year. I'm looking to take a gap year so I'm ok with not getting predicted grades for math & FM. My question is would it be possible from now till may/june/july (exam season) to get A-A*. Can anyone speak of their experience on how they coped with 4 a levels or doing some in one year. I am looking to do the 8 hour a day study rule. I am an A student and know my effecient way of revising.
Hi!
I’m in year 13 taking Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths. I’m currently predicted A*A*A*A. I’m not struggling with the workload but I can’t imagine starting two this year. Maybe it helps that yours have a lot of overlap. My top tip is probably just to power through work in lessons where possible so you can do homework then.
Reply 2
Original post by MollyArwen
Hi!
I’m in year 13 taking Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths. I’m currently predicted A*A*A*A. I’m not struggling with the workload but I can’t imagine starting two this year. Maybe it helps that yours have a lot of overlap. My top tip is probably just to power through work in lessons where possible so you can do homework then.

I self teach maths & FM at home so no lessons for them & then I have Economics & Business in school. It is great that you don’t suffer with the workload, I know I wouldn’t if I I completed the subjects over 2 years. But then that would mean applying to uni for 2023. Which is an extra year, too long for me (plan self teach maths & FM, sit my exams on June 2021, gap year & apply with results, if I was to sit exams in June 2022 then ofc id be applying in 2023, which is too long for me.)

Quick Reply

Latest